Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Commercial Drone Alliance asked Congress today to revoke section 336 - READ THIS TODAY!

Reaction score
I cannot believe this thread has only 4 comments. This could change the entire hobby as we know it. Please contact your representatives before it is too late! Click the link to send a message to your states reps!

Academy of Model Aeronautics - Write Congress

First off, drones need their own classification separate from model aircraft because of their inherent differences in both primary function as a flying photo/video platform, and the quad-based design, which influences their flight characteristics. Camera-equipped traditional-winged craft should not be classified as drones, but RC craft more specifically.

Secondly, droners need a drone-specific national organization that is wholly separate from and not officially linked to or governed by the AMA, since their primary focus is traditionally-configured flying machines such as RC planes and single-rotor copters. As the "elder statesmen" in the field, they would support legislation that fully protects their interests while negatively impacting the interests of drone pilots, if push came to shove.

Reactions: Tazmaniac
I cannot believe this thread has only 4 comments. This could change the entire hobby as we know it. Please contact your representatives before it is too late! Click the link to send a message to your states reps!

Academy of Model Aeronautics - Write Congress

I just finished writing to my Representative and Senators, voicing my objections to the commercialization of our airspace. This Alliance is only interested in claiming our airspace for their own monetary gain.

Who are the members of this Alliance? A boycott of their products/services is definitely in order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval