Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The elusive calibration software

Okay. I was pretty sure it was to ground static away. Thanks

BTW Did you see my other post? My friend says the CGO3+ is MAVlink v2. I am going to play around some with it and see what happens.
I think the cgo uses mavlink 1 crc, but closer to mavlink 2 message format. See this thread:

I was able to use mavlink like messages to control some aspects of the gimbal.

I think the cgo uses mavlink 1 crc, but closer to mavlink 2 message format. See this thread:

I was able to use mavlink like messages to control some aspects of the gimbal.
Yes, Mavlink does work with the CGO3+. I can verify this.

During the last couple of weeks, I have received some information I wanted to share. Take a look at the last part of the repair manual.

Attachments

• Typhoon H Service Manual English 1.0.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Gimbal calibration procedure.pdf
    140.9 KB · Views: 11
  • CGO3+ Explosion View.pdf
    495.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: h-elsner and Vaklin
I have been very sick for the past couple of weeks. I had to spend some time in the hospital but I am recovering and trying to get back to my projects. This information came from a former Yuneec employee who says he thinks he has the YGroundControl software. He did agree that the software doesn't always work correctly with all the cameras/gimbals but we will get lucky from time to time. At this point, I only want the software so I can see if it can be repaired to work properly. I have one former Yuneec software engineer who says he will help us out with it.

If you obtain this software, share it, please. I'll try another way to reverse the engineering in it.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you have a speedy recovery. The wife and I have both been hit with some respiratory virus (non COVID-19) for the past 3 weeks. I’m mostly over it except for some lingering sinus congestion. My wife still gets the coughing fits associated with it.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
So the calibrations done by the Spyder wouldn't actually be accurate for 3D and video work? I'm not sure I'm following.

When you say it "ages and gets worse", are you referring mainly to a lack of future software support, or has it been shown to actually 'physically' deteriorate in such a way? I know the older models had organic filters but I thought the X did away with this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech