Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The joy of hex

Reaction score
Forums obviously tend to focus on problems, and hopefully solutions, but we should also take time to appreciate what a competent system we have. For me the highlight of the H is the gimbal, and the shots it allows us to make, so my question is what is your favourite shot, what combination of flight path, tilt and pan do you use to achieve it, and do you have a name for it?
One of my favorites is what I call a flyby POI, fairly obviously this is just keeping an object in the camera's view as you fly past. I put a small amount of pan speed on the pan knob (with the pan switch in forward position), fly a straight path to go past the object of interest, and at the appropriate time simply click the pan switch to global to initiate a slow pan. With correct timing this is very effective.
Hopefully if we share our best shots, we can make full use of the 360
gimbal.

Forums obviously tend to focus on problems, and hopefully solutions, but we should also take time to appreciate what a competent system we have. For me the highlight of the H is the gimbal, and the shots it allows us to make, so my question is what is your favourite shot, what combination of flight path, tilt and pan do you use to achieve it, and do you have a name for it?
One of my favorites is what I call a flyby POI, fairly obviously this is just keeping an object in the camera's view as you fly past. I put a small amount of pan speed on the pan knob (with the pan switch in forward position), fly a straight path to go past the object of interest, and at the appropriate time simply click the pan switch to global to initiate a slow pan. With correct timing this is very effective.
Hopefully if we share our best shots, we can make full use of the 360
gimbal.
Of the flight functions, POI is the only one I use having very little cause to use any of the others. Yes, a very good system and far superior to the Phantom 2 V+ that I also fly (I can't compare it to any of the later Phantoms having never flown any of them).
I got my H specifically to service my commercial operations and, apart from a couple of gremlins after a firmware update (which were easily sorted out), I'm so far satisfied with its performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba