Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO+ Pan Off center repair help

Reaction score
Hello group! My Ty H480's Cgo3+ is ever so slightly off-center when I throw the center switch. Been like this for a while, it started when I changed the lens for a Carolina Dronz PEAU knockoff. The frame isn't bent as far as I can tell, Pans all the way around 360 no issue. If I turn the camera slightly left using the pan knob and recenter using the pan switch (top position) it centers close, but ever so slightly to the right. If I pan right and recenter using the pan switch, it centers but farther off to the right. The camera is usable, and I only use the center to get my bearings, but I would like to fix it. I have recalibrated multiple and had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips to try and repair this? Strikes me as a sensor calibration issue more than a hardware issue, I may be wrong. This bird has seen a lot of service and several fairly minor crashes. Thanks for any help and input you might have.

Hello group! My Ty H480's Cgo3+ is ever so slightly off-center when I throw the center switch. Been like this for a while, it started when I changed the lens for a Carolina Dronz PEAU knockoff. The frame isn't bent as far as I can tell, Pans all the way around 360 no issue. If I turn the camera slightly left using the pan knob and recenter using the pan switch (top position) it centers close, but ever so slightly to the right. If I pan right and recenter using the pan switch, it centers but farther off to the right. The camera is usable, and I only use the center to get my bearings, but I would like to fix it. I have recalibrated multiple and had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips to try and repair this? Strikes me as a sensor calibration issue more than a hardware issue, I may be wrong. This bird has seen a lot of service and several fairly minor crashes. Thanks for any help and input you might have.
The "front" calibration has drifted a little bit. That part of the calibration is not part of the built-in calibrations. You can send it to a Yuneec Service Center and they can get the center right, but please be aware there is a normal dead band of about 1.5 degrees on either side of center. Even if the camera is calibrated to perfection, it will often remain slightly left when centering from left, and will remain slightly right when centering from right. The "deadband" is why you are seeing more deviation from center when centering from right.

Add some weight on the rear side of the camera to compensate for the difference in the weight between old a new lenses. This will give you a stable operation.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis