Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Mantis G is awesome guys

I don't even know WTH all that means ! Anybody else wanna give it a go on that one ? Maybe reword it idk

@8terhoekdroneing,

Having a three axis gimbal would have been nice to have, but that is not a practical option on a low profile portable drone like the Mantis (or DJI Mavic).

It would be nice to see some sample video with yaw to see how smooth the yaw rate is in the Mantis G. Is it easy to obtain slow yaw pans or is the yaw rate too high where you get motion sickness watching the video. There does not seem to be any settings in the YuneecPilot app to change responsiveness of the sticks, so you are left with what is set at the factory.

Once we get some real reviews here or on YouTube we will all know more about this new aircraft.

From your Avatar name I am assuming you are Dutch, so posting my reply in Dutch also.

Het zou leuk zijn om een drie-assige gimbal te hebben, maar dat is geen praktische optie op een draagbare drone met laag profiel zoals de Mantis (of DJI Mavic).

Het zou leuk zijn om een voorbeeldvideo met gier te zien om te zien hoe soepel de gierratio in de Mantis G is. Is het gemakkelijk om langzame gierpannen te krijgen of is de gierratio te hoog waar je bewegingsziekte krijgt terwijl je de video bekijkt. Er lijken geen instellingen in de YuneecPilot-app te zijn om de responsiviteit van de sticks te wijzigen, dus je blijft achter met wat in de fabriek is ingesteld.

Zodra we hier of op YouTube enkele echte beoordelingen krijgen, zullen we allemaal meer weten over dit nieuwe vliegtuig.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubik and bgill14
Thanks Doom that was well put.

had one testing in italy last weekend... and, again... hope they're fixing some troubles with the video.

Furthermore they replaced the ultrasound+VPU IPS unit, with a IR+VPU unit instead.
Find out this is not precice as the mantis q when flying in IPS mode.
Mantis Q batteries are fitting perfectly, the G batteries have a diffrent texture on the top side.
will see in a few days on

Last edited:
Reactions: lowoctane
Just got notification email from Yuneec Europe that they have now G in stock.

I just made some test flights. I can say, that the gimbal works really well. Another improvement is range - it's a lot better, up to 1500meters. On that distance the first glitches appeared and I turned back immediately. I didn't compare it side to side in the same circumstances, but despite the same size of the image sensor, the image quality seems a bit improved.

Thanks for your honest opinion of the Mantis G. Any chance you could post comparison video of the the MG and the Hubsan Zino? So we can see the images you are comparing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano Zanandrea
I just made some test flights. I can say, that the gimbal works really well. Another improvement is range - it's a lot better, up to 1500meters. On that distance the first glitches appeared and I turned back immediately. I didn't compare it side to side in the same circumstances, but despite the same size of the image sensor, the image quality seems a bit improved.
Wait for more your test flight share

Got some materials here. None of the photos were edited in any way, except adding a logo. Sorry, it's all in polish. There are links to unedited videoclips and photos for downloading.

I admit there were some imperfections (visible in unpublished clips), but as you can see, we can get very decent material out if it. BTW! Did you know that Mantis G has configurable EXP curves? That's awesome, especially that the yaw stick really does need some adjusting, for my taste, if you want to have smooth videos.

At the time of test flights I was flying entirely on the default settings.

Last edited:
Here to report that the G is awesome and the new features with the 4k with eis and new gimbal makes it a must have . I've been testing the G for a few months now and yuneec has nailed it . Range is great aswell so get ready the G is coming
What is the range of the mantis g how much more is it than the q what's the cost

@Jerry LaFlamme Jr 62 Like I wrote in my earlier post, I was able to fly to 1500 meters until first problems with the video feed started. I could continue, but I didn't want to. This was away from any sources of interference, above a field in the countryside., altitude 70 meters AGL.

@Jerry LaFlamme Jr 62 Like I wrote in my earlier post, I was able to fly to 1500 meters until first problems with the video feed started. I could continue, but I didn't want to. This was away from any sources of interference, above a field in the countryside., altitude 70 meters AGL.
Thank you my mantis Q says on the bow it will go a mile I've been in ideal condition and could only go 1800 feet I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not

How are the antennas oriented relative to the drone? They should be pointed like this - flat side toward the drone.
Bez nazwy.png

Just a share of the Mantis G from a long time ago member who never seems to post on here anymore.
Maybe not the best review but it gives some an idea of what it looks like.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that video @Agustine, we finally get to see a little of what this bird is capable of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval