Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thoughts and issues of Q500 4k

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post as I've only had experience with drones for 3 months now. I wanted to share my experience, pros, cons and some questions regarding Q500 4k.

First of all, from commercial (price to functions advertised) perspective - this is the best one out there. Comparing to other drones in the market, before my purchase, I thought - ok this is a bit too good to be true.
When I first received the drone I had already watched hours of materials/tutorial regarding this drone so the set-up was easy and I was ready to go.

First issue: the tilt didn't work. After researching the internet/forums for a while the only conclusion was that I was out of luck and had to contact Yuneec. Yuneec did not respond to my e-mail; however, once I called them they immediately stated that I must send it back to the vendor and the vendor will get me a replacement. My vendor was couple thousand kilometers away so this was a bit of hassle but it is what it is. I did not manage to discharge the batteries before sending it off as I found out in the evening before sending it off that the place I live in is a no fly zone.

Soonish the vendor sent out a new drone.

The second attempt: I received a new case. The batteries sent back where 100% & about 80% full. Perhaps they sent back the same ones I sent to them but it is strange as all the other items in the box were replaced.
The controller fan was louder (Googled this and it seems as no fatal flaw) The drone was a bit different ( I suppose older, I can't confirm) as the little connection wire in the battery tray was in different location (now it is on the side), Wifi Connection time to camera is now ~2 min (was almost instant on the first model) and at the end of my last flight the drone was emitting this loud buzzing noise which I think came from the battery tray - I have to fly a bit more to observe this issue.

Furthermore, the SD card in controller already had 2 telemetry files, dated 2014. It kind of propels my suspicion that I received a used drone. Otherwise it flies allright.

In conclusion:

Pros:
1. Best price to features advertised
2. Handheld unit is very good
3. Image is great from the box

Cons:
1. Very careful to attach props as they can feel like they are attached after 2 spins but they are actually not correctly attached
2. Wifi Connection is 2 mins for my unit
3. I did receive faulty unit on my 1st purchase and I still don't have full confidence that the model I received is fresh.
4. The SD card in your controller that your warranty is dependent upon can really play tricks on you - on my first unit the SD became corrupted, on my second unit I just realized it had not recorded my previous 4 flights. Now I cleared all of the data and it records properly.

Cheers and happy flying

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval