Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Timelapse It...

This is flying correct? It looks very steady indeed, it is helped by the fact that there are no foreground elements and the angle is very high, but it looks awfully steady - planes fly funny where you're at though. ;) Nice job.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
This is flying correct? It looks very steady indeed, it is helped by the fact that there are no foreground elements and the angle is very high, but it looks awfully steady - planes fly funny where you're at though. ;) Nice job.

LOL... That plane is like "Wait, WUT!!!!!" I could of taken the trails out by masking, but UGH!

Prior to flying drones commercially, I moonlighted as retoucher, and details is important in the industry. Here is my My Retouching Page

There is a workflow by Aaron Grimes the son of Joel Grimes called stacking, it's an extensive timelapse workflow, but quite rewarding. We did this same workflow on a production that I was involved in. Prior to post production of the video, I created a rough draft workflow.

Frame alignment is key and the aim to any post production work is by leaving as little to no footprints during the final output.

Been playing around, with timelapse, checking GPS hold and stability, there is a slight deviation, but not significant.

How long was the H in the air for the time lapse? What was the time in between shots? Looked pretty stable to me. One of my pet peeves with the H and especially with the 920 is the amount of vertical and horizontal movement. The H+/520- is much better at holding elevation and horizontal movement.

In my photography I use focus stacking for some of my landscape work on a tripod. Photoshop does good job of aligning and merging the images.

I’ve done some time lapse work with my camera on a tripod as well. I’ve not done enough of them to be very good at it but... the goal was to make it look like a Charlie Chaplin movie anyway. :)

Reactions: record.play.rewind
I've done a lot of 360 pans and tried them with my Nikon D750 but with a 50mm lens they haven't turned out very well. I'll have to try some time lapse with my Nikon.

When I think of time lapses, I tend to think in the traditional sense - taking stills at a specified interval and then using each still as a frame in the video - 50 seconds of video at 30 fps gives around 1500 pictures. At a 1 second interval that is 1500 seconds or 25 minutes. So since I am almost certain you're not flying for 25 minutes, how are you setting an interval of less than a second? Or is this a video clip that is sped up? It still looks very nice though.

When I think of time lapses, I tend to think in the traditional sense - taking stills at a specified interval and then using each still as a frame in the video - 50 seconds of video at 30 fps gives around 1500 pictures. At a 1 second interval that is 1500 seconds or 25 minutes. So since I am almost certain you're not flying for 25 minutes, how are you setting an interval of less than a second? Or is this a video clip that is sped up? It still looks very nice though.
That was my assumption also. How did they keep up an H for that long? Could be a video that has sequences cut but still that's a lot of time up in the air.

Hoping to find how a time lapse is done with a drone in the air for that long.

The dynamic range of a 4K consumer drone footage is limited vs the big boys Arri Alexa and Red Dragon, so Post Processing is a bit tricky in punching the darks and the highlights if I where to do a video image extraction.

This is a 1sec interval, shot with one battery.

Stacking: The even numbers of photos are the details and the odd numbers are your ghost or trails photos. Note* Make sure that each small Alt divination are corrected via aligning each photos (somewhat perfectly)

I then took two final out put. 1) the details and 2) Ghost and animated them separately.

In video post production, I have two files to play with and mask. There is no warp stabilization in DiVince, but there is a similar workflow called Tracker Palette. It take time to get used to this workflow, but once your understand Nodes in Magicmagic DR you’re set.

Stacking is an old method that’s coming back and fused in cinematography. Unlike HDR stacking has more production value.

5th Element is one of my favorite movies. I should have recognized the vocal.

Evgenia Laguna has the same vocal chops as Yma Sumac.

I just listened to Yma Sumac and I like her vibe, she's on my Alexa shuffle list now. I love cubana music...

Been playing around, with timelapse, checking GPS hold and stability, there is a slight deviation, but not significant.

So, this was actually a sunset run backwards? The only give away was the con trails. Beautiful work.
Does DR automate the alignment process among all the photos to cancel out any drift?

Yes, it’s sunset [emoji23] and I’m not familiar with DR automate. In PS load the photos as animation, you can scroll the photos quicker and it can also be quicker in LR, but I don’t LightRoom.

I hardly shoot timelapse to know other softwares, also FCPX can also do a great job with alignment as well as warp stabilization. My method is a bit longer through DaVinci Resolve, but there are so many ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772