Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Took delivery of H920(+?) yesterday

Reaction score
We took delivery of a H920+ yesterday, and just wanted to check with you guys/girls what you think, since there was no "PLUS" logo on neither the craft, nor the large box lid. It just says H920 Tornado, but on the manual it says H920 PLUS.
This was ordered from a reputable dealer in Germany and sent directly to us from Yuneec Europe in Germany via UPS.
Just wondering if everything is OK, since I have seen some pics/ videos on the Net where it actually says "PLUS" on the carbon body of the H920.
The joystick button on the Proaction gimble was also broken off, which seemed strange since it is so well packaged.
Other than this very impressed by the appearance and quality of this large intimidating craft.
-Had to take advantage of the pricing that these sell for now with CGO4 and Proaction (around EUR 2400)!

Reactions: Steve Carr
I can reassure you that there is no plus written on the aircraft or box of the H920plus, not on mine and there is a post somewhere that mentions it. It will have an ST16 rather than a ST24 for one thing which will differentiate it.
Was the whole joystick broken off the proaction rendering it unusable or just the plastic bit.

It is a great package for the price if your bag is photo/video. By the way, depending on your needs it may be worth trying to hunt down a GB603 gimbal and a ST24 controller as this allows team mode to be used when using the H920 with GB603 gimbal and will take a GH5 camera. This setup will then fit on the Proaction gimbal as well.
I got mine all together with the H920 and have just bought a GH5 (arrives today).

Enjoy the H920+, If you haven't already, I suggest you sit comfortably and read the entire 22 pages of this thread
Thinking of Buying a 920

and then this thread H920 replacement battery

Which batteries do you have?

Reactions: Aerosupply
I can reassure you that there is no plus written on the aircraft or box of the H920plus, not on mine and there is a post somewhere that mentions it. It will have an ST16 rather than a ST24 for one thing which will differentiate it.
Was the whole joystick broken off the proaction rendering it unusable or just the plastic bit.

It is a great package for the price if your bag is photo/video. By the way, depending on your needs it may be worth trying to hunt down a GB603 gimbal and a ST24 controller as this allows team mode to be used when using the H920 with GB603 gimbal and will take a GH5 camera. This setup will then fit on the Proaction gimbal as well.
I got mine all together with the H920 and have just bought a GH5 (arrives today).

Enjoy the H920+, If you haven't already, I suggest you sit comfortably and read the entire 22 pages of this thread
Thinking of Buying a 920

and then this thread H920 replacement battery

Which batteries do you have?

Thanks for the info!

The button (plastic only) was broken, but Yuneec Europe have promised to send a new button in a letter asap, so problem solved!

I found cheap original Yuneec batteries at Copter.eu and I know there are issues with them, but at the price they are selling them for now I can live with about 15 minutes using three batteries, and plan to get better ones later on (better ones seem very hard to find now though, as the Tattu are no longer available, and the Xtron replacement that was available earlier seems also very hard to find. I might get the EC3 connectors that was mentioned in another thread and buy "standard" Lipo batteries.

For that much money they better be a set of three batteries, not two as sets are currently sold, and be a heck of a lot better that what they provided previously. At 100 pounds each you're looking at 300 pounds/set of three. You would be getting hosed.

Reactions: Aerosupply
I got a 920+ delivered on 4/9/18. The st16 touch screen did not function. I used one of my own st16's and tried to bind and in the bind screen there was 2 options to bind to. sr24...1.05 and sr24...1.07. Neither choice worked as it said it was bound but nothing showed up like battery voltage etc. Called Yuneec and they said the 2 options for the 920+ was normal and to choose the 1.07. I formatted the st16 and tried again and only the 1.07 showed up. The A10 charger was missing one of the rubber feet pads. The case was missing the castor wheels. The CGO4 tilt was controlled by the S4 switch and no other controls worked. The CGO4 wiring harness was not routed through the groove in the Proaction and was getting severely squished.

All in all the quality control, packaging and no attention to detail turned me off to Yuneec. Tech support was arrogant and condescending. I did call KAV and they were very helpful in troubleshooting. They suggested to reformat the st16 and make another copy of the 920 to make sure the profile was not corrupted.

Was this a new 920+ ?
Brand new from authorized dealer with full warranty. I'm returning as I feel this was made on a Friday before a long weekend.

Sorry to hear that thoneter, I would return too, sounds like a bad one. Hope it all works out in the end, the H920 is such a sweet machine...

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss