Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TPH and gb203

Reaction score
Can I fit the gb203 to the H? Was looking to use aftermarket camera, and possibly a flir vue.

it may be able to be done on you tube some one modified a similar gimbal to the gb203 for a flir camera it may take some wiring mods to the gimbal but don't take my word on it. but something I might look into doing myself. one thing the gb203 mounting to the typhoon h must be same size as the cgo3+.

You can put just about anything within certain size and weight limitations on the H but the ability to control it through the ST-16 won't be there. You'll have to add a dedicated control set up. You might be able to fit it to the gimbal but that may well cause termination of the gimbal control functions.

Thanks for replies. It's a shame the H and st16 are currently so restrictive. Fantastic piece of kit.
Didn't know if it was possible to use the mk58 on it for gimbal control. The CGO-ET looks good kit, just needed a little more sensitivity.
Plus the lack of zoom, was feeling hopeful after the v18 for the 920 that they would do something for the H480.

Restrictive? Is there any other sUAS out there that takes some sort of "universal gimbal control protocol" that integrates the "pan/tilt/record/take a picture" control into the controller that is usable on a wide variety of gimbals?

Sorry, restrictive was a bad choice of wording. Love TPH, more options on camera would be a better way of putting it. I know you can get new lenses for the CGO3 etc. Guess I'm just missing the zoom option.

Reactions: kd4pbs
Restrictive? Is there any other sUAS out there that takes some sort of "universal gimbal control protocol" that integrates the "pan/tilt/record/take a picture" control into the controller that is usable on a wide variety of gimbals?
GDU Byrd II is working on it. Plus I hear the E90, E50 and one or two more will in fact work on the H. Not right away but I hear it will come after the 520 release. If I can put the E90 on my H, I'll never fly the P4P again lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder