Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

tracking if lost mantis q

In theory it should stop and hover, then return to the home position after about 30 seconds. It partly depends on your RTH Settings.

Did Yuneec send you instructions for retrieving the telemetry files?

Hi Mantis users!

As a MantisQ owner i also tried to get the sensor files from the phone i used. I was unable to get them.

I only found yuneec_ telemetry files from the past before the last update! Theese were totally processable with q500log2kml and put them into GoogleEarth.

Tell me if i am thinking bad: the update from 2018.11 changed the telemetry files storing location and format yuneec_*.log -> sensor_* ?

Hi Mantis users!

As a MantisQ owner i also tried to get the sensor files from the phone i used. I was unable to get them.

I only found yuneec_ telemetry files from the past before the last update! Theese were totally processable with q500log2kml and put them into GoogleEarth.

Tell me if i am thinking bad: the update from 2018.11 changed the telemetry files storing location and format yuneec_*.log -> sensor_* ?

Things worked fine before the last update for obtaining and reading the Sensor files with Q500log2kml, but now it doesn’t?

Would you provide more info on how you did this before and what they changed?

Do you use iOS or Android and what is your procedure to obtain the telemetry files?

Maybe Yuneec got PO’ed because we could read their telemetry files within a couple months of the Mantis Q release.

I read this thread and i thought i will give a try on my anroid phone to learn some about mantisQ telemetry retrivement.

I have quickly found the "old" yuneec_ telemetry files /sdcard/YuneecPilot/FlightLog

(There are 3 more directories Crash, Media, Upgrade - which contains the last update files: MANTIS_C21_E_1.1.05_BUILD1301_20181109, MANTIS_CONTROLLER_1.1.05_BUILD1301_20181109)

I have done a flight yesterday, so i was supposed to find some telemetry files by that date. But there wasn't!
I also have not found any sensor_ * named files on the android MantisQ-controller phone.

Now i am trying to find out where are the log files now? There must be somewhere because the "find the drone" button in the app shows the last landing location from yesterday...

I think i will ask yuneec support...

Attachments

• mantis_q_TM_1.JPG
    mantis_q_TM_1.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 17
I could convert the "old" yuneec_* telemetry files with q500log2kml without any problem. But did not find any sensor_ files from the past and from present too. :(

Attachments

• mantis_q_TM_GE.JPG
    mantis_q_TM_GE.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 15
So on Android we are finding the telemetry files as /YuneecPilot/FlightLog/yuneec*******.log and in the past @h-elsner ‘s program was able to analyze them, but since the 11/2018 update to YuneecPilot you are unable to read and convert the telemetry.

@NorWiscPilot could you check your MQ telemetry from iOS and send me a couple of flights since the update mentioned above in a PM. I’m wondering if Yuneec changed something on us, because we could read their telemetry files.

I did not tried to analize the new ones (sensor*). I dont know where they can be on my phone :)
We have to find them! :)

I know they had Sensor files on the iOS version of YuneecPilot app and they were in /YuneecPilot/FlyLog folder. I even had a chat session with Yuneec CS in the USA recently and they could not give me a straight answer. I am close to the point of trying to speak to someone high enough in the Yuneec organization to get a straight answer, if I could even get one then.

So on Android we are finding the telemetry files as /YuneecPilot/FlightLog/yuneec*******.log and in the past @h-elsner ‘s program was able to analyze them, but since the 11/2018 update to YuneecPilot you are unable to read and convert the telemetry.

@NorWiscPilot could you check your MQ telemetry from iOS and send me a couple of flights since the update mentioned above in a PM. I’m wondering if Yuneec changed something on us, because we could read their telemetry files.

hi DM!

I haven't had my Mantis seeing much air since October. Haven't updated either.

If I get a chance, I will do so to try and answer your question. But... just have to say... don't hold your breath this time. Not sure how soon I can get to it.

Jeff

hi DM!

I haven't had my Mantis seeing much air since October. Haven't updated either.

If I get a chance, I will do so to try and answer your question. But... just have to say... don't hold your breath this time. Not sure how soon I can get to it.

Jeff

I understand that. Glad I’m in Florida right now. It got down to a -35F wind chill in Flint, Michigan last night. It’s not much better where you’re at.

[QUOTE = "cepchuck, post: 167341, üye: 19265"] Yüksek rüzgar nedeniyle mantis q kaybettim. Uçağı izlemenin bir yolu var mı? [/ QUOTE]
merhaba, drone rüzgara dayanıklı, 50 km Satın aldım ama papağan anafi arasında kararsızım, anafi 50 kmh rüzgar geçirmez

English Translation: [QUOTE = "cepchuck, post: 167341, member: 19265"] I lost the mantis q due to the high wind. Is there a way to track the plane? [/ QUOTE]

hello, drone wind resistant, 50 km I purchased but I am undecided among parrot anafi, anafi 50 kmh windproof

Last edited by a moderator:
The only file that contains GPS data is "yuneec_2019_09_04_07_09_0.log". I think it is the one, we need. Last recorded position was:

Begin: 35°34'42.7"N 82°33'01.6"W
home: 35°34'42.8"N 82°33'01.6"W

Check home and start if this was there with the flight in question.

There are a lot of Compass warnings like this:
9221 00:01:35 INFO: '(1,7)geomagnetic field is disturbed '
This is unusual.

Then it got positioning emergency although the GPS is still "3D position":
9998 00:01:38 CRITICAL: 'Failsafe enabled: no local position '
9999 00:01:38 INFO: 'Failsafe mode on '
10143 00:01:39 INFO: '(3,89)ALTCTL MODE '
10144 00:01:39 CRITICAL: 'No valid position, switching to manual mode '
10165 00:01:39 EMERGENCY: 'CRITICAL NAVIGATION FAILURE - CHECK SENSOR CALIBR '

Last horizontal speed was 14m/s which is pretty high. This looks like a classical fly-away.

The KML file, some pictures and the log text is in the attached zip file.

Br HE

Attachments

• RobertFlightLog_results.zip
    268.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The only file that contains GPS data is "yuneec_2019_09_04_07_09_0.log". I think it is the one, we need. Last recorded position was:

Begin: 35°34'42.7"N 82°33'01.6"W
home: 35°34'42.8"N 82°33'01.6"W

Check home and start if this was there with the flight in question.

There are a lot of Compass warnings like this:
9221 00:01:35 INFO: '(1,7)geomagnetic field is disturbed '
This is unusual.

Then it got positioning emergency although the GPS is still "3D position":
9998 00:01:38 CRITICAL: 'Failsafe enabled: no local position '
9999 00:01:38 INFO: 'Failsafe mode on '
10143 00:01:39 INFO: '(3,89)ALTCTL MODE '
10144 00:01:39 CRITICAL: 'No valid position, switching to manual mode '
10165 00:01:39 EMERGENCY: 'CRITICAL NAVIGATION FAILURE - CHECK SENSOR CALIBR '

Last horizontal speed was 14m/s which is pretty high. This looks like a classical fly-away.

The KML file, some pictures and the log text is in the attached zip file.

Br HE
Thank u for the info. Thats exactly what happened. It said geomagnetic interference and then just took off i couldnt control it anymore. Is this normal?

No, this is not normal. But compass errors are usual reason for fly-aways. This is a SW thing when things happen that the programmer did not expect. The flight controller SW cannot handle the wrong sensor data in some cases.
From my point of view this is a warranty case. Flight log file is there as evidence.

Timeline:
Take off: 01:10 after boot; Start of compass errors (geomagnetic field stuff): 01:26; Critical positioning warnings 01:38/01:39.

I have compared stick input and the behaviour of the copter as result.

1) Throttle: It follows the stick input until 02:30 after boot. Then it climbed by itself.
Throttle.png

2) Pitch: It follows the stick input all the time. Don't forget, you are in manual mode since 01:39 (29 sec after take off).

Pitch.png

3) Roll: It follows the stick input until there is an unexpected spike in roll at 02:28.

Roll.png

4) Yaw: It follows the stick input all the time.
Yaw.png

This means, you could control the copter at least until 02:28 (78sec after take off) but it was too far away to see how it reacting.

Chart_for_lat_01.pngKML_pic.png

br HE

No, this is not normal. But compass errors are usual reason for fly-aways. This is a SW thing when things happen that the programmer did not expect. The flight controller SW cannot handle the wrong sensor data in some cases.
From my point of view this is a warranty case. Flight log file is there as evidence.

Timeline:
Take off: 01:10 after boot; Start of compass errors (geomagnetic field stuff): 01:26; Critical positioning warnings 01:38/01:39.

I have compared stick input and the behaviour of the copter as result.

1) Throttle: It follows the stick input until 02:30 after boot. Then it climbed by itself.
View attachment 18346

2) Pitch: It follows the stick input all the time. Don't forget, you are in manual mode since 01:39 (29 sec after take off).

View attachment 18344

3) Roll: It follows the stick input until there is an unexpected spike in roll at 02:28.

View attachment 18345

4) Yaw: It follows the stick input all the time.
View attachment 18347

This means, you could control the copter at least until 02:28 (78sec after take off) but it was too far away to see how it reacting.

View attachment 18348View attachment 18343

br HE
Thank you for the info. When you say this is a warranty issue, does that mean i can get a replacement for the lost drone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval