Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

tracking if lost mantis q

Use this thread to retrieve your sensor (telemetry files) and post them here using the Attach files button. We will analyze and post the path it took.

You can also download Q500log2kml from Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder in his downloads section. Create the kml and load it in Google Earth to find the path it took.

Reactions: Kano
Use this thread to retrieve your sensor (telemetry files) and post them here using the Attach files button. We will analyze and post the path it took.

You can also download Q500log2kml from Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder in his downloads section. Create the kml and load it in Google Earth to find the path it took.
Will do my best to follow the instructions however my PC is windows 7 not compatible with the app. q500log2kml. The manual dosn't what PC version is compatible.

Will do my best to follow the instructions however my PC is windows 7 not compatible with the app. q500log2kml. The manual dosn't what PC version is compatible.
looks like only for MS Windows (zip) or LINUX 64 bit (tar.gz)

you mentioned first to "Use this thread to retrieve your sensor (telemetry files) and post them here." I am not certain what you are meaning. You also gave me another option on the "Meine" private homepage. this app "Q500log2kml" my PC is not compatible.

Sorry for my first post leaving the link out for to retrieve the sensor files. Here it is How To: Retrieve Mantis Q Telemetry (Sensor) Files.

Do you have the 32 bit version of Windows 7? If so you will not be able to analyze the files yourself. The programs author dropped the 32 bit version for Windows before adding the Mantis Q to the program as there was a greatly decreased demand for that version.

You also gave me another option on the "Meine" private homepage. this app "Q500log2kml" my PC is not compatible.
Q500Log 2kml.exe does work with 64 bit versions of Windows 7, but I don't know if that is the case with the 32 bit version.

If your Win7 is 32bit only, try the 32bit-version (made with WinXP):
http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en32.zip

Put all FlyLog files (file name starting with 'Sensor_') in a seperate Directory and open the directory (not a file) with Q500log2kml.
Set "Flight path from PX4 sensor" to true at Settings > Data conversion.
Set "Format Convert" to '.kml'.
Then click the file numbers in the list on the left side to create kml files for Google Earth. Files are located in the same directory as the FlyLog files.

Follow the last route.
The last position as Google Maps link is listed in the AppLog in the summary for each file (End: ...).

br HE

Reactions: AeroJ

Put all FlyLog files (file name starting with 'Sensor_') in a seperate Directory and open the directory (not a file) with Q500log2kml.
Then click the file numbers in the list on the left side to create kml files for Google Earth. Files are located in the same directory as the FlyLog files.

Follow the last route.
The last position as Google Maps link is listed in the AppLog in the summary for each file (End: ...).

br HE

Thanks HE! I’m still enroute to Florida and my PC is packed away. Just using my iPhone right now.

I lost the mantis q due to high winds. Is there a way to track the drone?
there is "find drone" function in yuneecpilot app, please return to the home page,click .. button on the upper-right, then the first one should be. please have a try

Reactions: h-elsner
I have attached the last two files taken from the controler. Can somebody send me the google earth coorrd from these?
there is "find drone" function in yuneecpilot app, please return to the home page,click .. button on the upper-right, then the first one should be. please have a try
yes, I tried that and the controler and drone icon are right on top of each other. In flight the drone lost connection with the controller and would not repond to "return to home" after 30 minuites the drone went down somewhere.

Attachments

• yuneec_2019_01_15_13_51_3.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 9
  • yuneec_2019_01_15_13_57_4.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 6
yes, I tried that and the controler and drone icon are right on top of each other. In flight the drone lost connection with the controller and would not repond to "return to home" after 30 minuites the drone went down somewhere. no idea if it went to the moon. . .

Follow the last route.

br HE
it seems that the 32bit version after it unzips turns into the 64 bit. the app is not fully functional according to your directions.

The files starting with yuneec_... are not the sensor files with data, coordinates or so.
Those files have an unknown format, no documentation available for that.

Look for files naming started with Sensor_...
Useful files should be a little bit larger, >1MB instead of 8kB.

On what OS the app is running? Android or IOS?

br HE

The files starting with yuneec_... are not the sensor files with data, coordinates or so.
Those files have an unknown format, no documentation available for that.

Look for files naming started with Sensor_...
Useful files should be a little bit larger, >1MB instead of 8kB.

On what OS the app is running? Android or IOS?

br HE
OS is running on Android. the files I attahed are the only files I found on the android phone

OS is running on Android. the files I attahed are the only files I found on the android phone
OK, I found on the android phone, Yuneec app. 22 MB of data stored. I will try to find a way to access the data.

Is Yuneec Pilot blocking access to the data files- named "sensor_*"

OK, I found on the android phone, Yuneec app. 22 MB of data stored. I will try to find a way to access the data.

Is Yuneec Pilot blocking access to the data files- named "sensor_*"

cepchuck,

I hate to be a bother, but could you contact Yuneec CS for your country and get specific instructions for retrieving files from an Android device. I have tried doing a fake flyaway to get the instructions , but I don’t have a serial number to submit a ticket and get the instructions to get the telemetry from a Mantis Q.

Another member posted the instructions for doing so on an iOS device and I know those work.

You should be able to contact them at http://yuneec.com/support then select Speak to a Pro. Try to use live chat, if that keeps giving you No Agent is Available, use the schedule a support call and they will call you at the time selected.

When you get the instructions for getting the telemetry (Sensor) files please post them here for other users like yourself. When can then update the instructions in the sticky thread.

Thanks for your help.

DoomMeister

I have attached the last two files taken from the controler. Can somebody send me the google earth coorrd from these?

yes, I tried that and the controler and drone icon are right on top of each other. In flight the drone lost connection with the controller and would not repond to "return to home" after 30 minuites the drone went down somewhere.
I think maybe you misunderstand it. When your drone fly away, you can find the last GPS info in the YuneecPilot app, home page->.. on upper right->find drone.
please try it first.

The good thing on top of knowing the last known position is having the telemetry data so you know the direction it was flying, how high, how much power was left, and be able to try projecting a route it could have followed if it is not near the last known coordinates. Plotting on Google Earth makes it much easier to do that.

cepchuck,

I hate to be a bother, but could you contact Yuneec CS for your country and get specific instructions for retrieving files from an Android device. I have tried doing a fake flyaway to get the instructions , but I don’t have a serial number to submit a ticket and get the instructions to get the telemetry from a Mantis Q.

Another member posted the instructions for doing so on an iOS device and I know those work.

You should be able to contact them at http://yuneec.com/support then select Speak to a Pro. Try to use live chat, if that keeps giving you No Agent is Available, use the schedule a support call and they will call you at the time selected.

When you get the instructions for getting the telemetry (Sensor) files please post them here for other users like yourself. When can then update the instructions in the sticky thread.

Thanks for your help.

DoomMeister
here is my Q's serial number if you want to give it a try.
serial No. YU18380395B16A01

CS at Yuneec are responding however they are not punctual or thourogh. I sent the only files I was able to retrieve- the same as I attached above.

Question: Does the Q automatically drop straight down when responder signal is lost. or does keep flying until battery goes dead. At 70 klm/hr. it could be on top of Everest for all I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18