Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Traveling to Croatia, Italy, Turkey and Greece for a year! Need lots of advice.

Reaction score
Hi team! Sandy (partner) and I are taking off to explore, and "write our story" with the aid of this magic bird. We have many questions about overhead cases on the plan vs. checked, easy portability for day use (backpack versus dragging a wheeled device), how many extra batteries (two plus two?), offloading vids/photos onto a storage device, good editing software, restrictions (I hear all countries are ok except Turkey can be iffy), airports, TSA, press passes, etc. You probably have answers to questions of which we've not yet thought. Thanks in advance for all your ideas! Cheers, Daniel

If you bought your Q500 outside Europe it might be worth bearing in mind that your video power level will by default be set higher than is allowed within europe rendering your quad liable to possible conviscation by the authorities should anyone with any knowledge decide it needs checking out.

If you bought your Q500 outside Europe it might be worth bearing in mind that your video power level will by default be set higher than is allowed within europe rendering your quad liable to possible conviscation by the authorities should anyone with any knowledge decide it needs checking out.
Not exactly sure where to find specs for European Video Power Levels? Do you have expereince with this? Any success or horror stories? Links? Thanks.

Other than in being an r/c enthusiast and a licenced radio amateur opertaor of 30+ years standing I don't really have much to say about it other than the fact that all radio emmission levels throughout europe are set by bodies that have absolutley nothing to do with r/c (as we know it). Suffice to say (IMO) that if you strictly adhere to the "not beyond line of sight" rule then the european emsission level is adequate if not exactly generous. Of course I'd like more range so I could fly further... but on the whole I think the line of sight rule is eminently sensible.
PS. ERP levels ("effective radiated power") are mostly depandant on what band you're using rather than what you're transimtting (e.g. video).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop