Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Traveling to Thailand with Typhoon H

Reaction score
Has anyone traveled to Thailand lately ?
Didn't you encounter any problems with the airlines on your way to and from Thailand?
Did immigration in Thailand give you any problems when entering and leaving Thailand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a quadcopter with GoPro camera to Thailand last year. Ony issue I had was leaving the UK at Heathrow. Airport security asked me loads of questions and swabbed all the gear, I guess for signs of explosives. Lipos were no issue at all. In Thailand no problems whatsoever and I flew on a domestic flight while there also, everything was taken as hand luggage. I did visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park, Ruined temples, I had to get a permit to fly there. The permit cost £20 and they wanted to see the footage to make sure I flew respectfully.

Reactions: abinder
I took a quadcopter with GoPro camera to Thailand last year. Ony issue I had was leaving the UK at Heathrow. Airport security asked me loads of questions and swabbed all the gear, I guess for signs of explosives. Lipos were no issue at all. In Thailand no problems whatsoever and I flew on a domestic flight while there also, everything was taken as hand luggage. I did visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park, Ruined temples, I had to get a permit to fly there. The permit cost £20 and they wanted to see the footage to make sure I flew respectfully.

Thanks for the info.

Where did you you get the permit to fly at the Ayutthaya Historical Park, Ruined temples ?

The permit was obtained from Ayutthaya Historical Park offices. I did have a little advantage here as my wife is Thai and her friend's husband works in the historical park. Be warned they try and charge foreigners a lot more than the locals. Again it helps having a Thai speaker to help you.

The permit was obtained from Ayutthaya Historical Park offices. I did have a little advantage here as my wife is Thai and her friend's husband works in the historical park. Be warned they try and charge foreigners a lot more than the locals. Again it helps having a Thai speaker to help you.

Yup. My wife is Thai also.

Reactions: Kev Waite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn