Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trick to improve RC range

Reaction score
One of my tricks is to stand in the bed of my pickup truck.
Along with the extra height, the metal under me acts like a big antenna ground plane.
Has anyone else tried this?
I'm still flying the H fairly close (<1200ft out), but I have flown my old CX20 on a 4000ft mission that way.

Reactions: Hoochyfad
Interesting thought, especially as I often fly sitting on the tail gate of my puck up and obtain longer ranges with a 920 than others often report. Hmmm.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Pick-Up trucks aren't as popular in the U.K. as they are in the U.S. so very few of us this side of the pond are able to test your method. However, even without your method I know I can get fairly good range...certainly as far as my VLOS will allow, so I'm happy with that.

Pick-Up trucks aren't as popular in the U.K. as they are in the U.S. so very few of us this side of the pond are able to test your method. However, even without your method I know I can get fairly good range...certainly as far as my VLOS will allow, so I'm happy with that.
Yes in the UK we have 4x4 pickups but unlike the states were you can buy a proper truck not the kid on trucks the UK get for example we have nissan that makes the Nivara and also makes the mercedes pickup which is a narvara just rebadged and fiat with a mitsubishi L200 rebadged and of course ford uk with their crap transit van parts that make up their pickup lol we are hard done by in this country

I had seen at one time a set of external antennas that you could place on the roof of your car to get extended ranges ..

I would be too nervous to fly so far out I could not see the aircraft

Reactions: Crashking and PatR
I had seen at one time a set of external antennas that you could place on the roof of your car to get extended ranges ..

I would be too nervous to fly so far out I could not see the aircraft
My personal view (and I emphasize that it's just my view) is that if my aircraft is at a distance where I can't see it, I am not in control. Simples.

Reactions: Thomas111
My personal view (and I emphasize that it's just my view) is that if my aircraft is at a distance where I can't see it, I am not in control. Simples.
My. View also , always like to keep it in site , plus I think no matter how strong of a signal you get part of the maximum range factor would be the battery and getting it back before the battery gets too low .

A very good point, and something a few have done and lost their aircraft because of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval