Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Twin Cities area fliers?

Reaction score
I've found several RC clubs here, but they all seem to be geared toward model airplanes rather than multirotors. I found one page about a "drone advocacy" organization, but it hasn't been updated that I could find since last spring. Any orgs I should know about, particularly related to multirotor flying including get-togethers and advocacy? That last is especially important, it seems, because from what I can tell governments in this state are almost scrambling to ban these things for recreational use, and they need to get pushback from the sUAS community.

Hah! I was working on adding myself to the map when this came through. There are now, apparently. all of 2 drone fliers in the Twin Cities. ;)

Yeah, that's one of the reasons to add yourself. There are almost 18,000 members, but less than 200 or so on the map. If your pin is there, it is at least a possibility that someone else can find YOU, and make contact. A small probability, to be sure, but at least it now exists.

@Eslader, I live in St Paul but I tag my pin about 120mi north. My folks live on 200 acres that boarders the Nemadji State Forest just south of Duluth. It is very wilderness like. Just picked up an H Plus myself. Would you have any interest to head up with me sometime for a shoot?

@Eslader, I live in St Paul but I tag my pin about 120mi north. My folks live on 200 acres that boarders the Nemadji State Forest just south of Duluth. It is very wilderness like. Just picked up an H Plus myself. Would you have any interest to head up with me sometime for a shoot?
Let me know if you do this. I'm about 100 miles to the East of Duluth. Also, @thoneter drives to Duluth frequently and may be interested.

Reactions: HQLaker
@Steve Carr , Absolutely! It all depends on when the ground firms up after the big thaw. The drive in from the main road goes through a swamp. It might take a month or so. I'll keep y'all posted.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Rather than add a new thread I'm hoping you guys don't mind me piggy backing here.

Been rolling it over in my head and finally decided to share my favorite local flying spot. If anybody near Mpls/St. Paul is interested lets pick a date on a weekend or evening and go flying. The location is just West of St Michael, MN and situated outside of NFZ's on a large WMA.

If you caught my spring marsh video, that's the location. So what say ye Minnesota flyers?

@Good time Charlie , The first first landmark I recognized was the Excel plant in Becker. That looked like fun ? I pegged your last shoot to be in Sherbern NWR. I can be in St Micheal at 3:ish any Mon/Thur. Weekends are booked for now.

After 3pm gets the best light too. Either Thursdays or Mondays work here. It's pretty much my backyard and I'm old so pretty flexible... timewise anyway. I'll PM you a google earth link with the coordinates. There's a small parking lot but it would probably be easier if we met in St Michael since it's kind of hard to find the road in.

Unfortunately Sherburne NWR is a no go being a National Refuge. Kinda like the BWCA. Would be a great spot though.

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a WMA west of St. Michael. I knew about the SNR, but drones are outlawed there. I'm game to go out to the WMA though! Weekdays after 4:30 and weekends are usually best for me.

I'll be there if you guys still are. I'd probably be able to get there around 5 if traffic is good.

I like when a plan comes together ?
I'll see youins about 5ish , DB's , St.Mk , Wed...
Weeeeeeeeeeee ! ! !

Hi there! I'm new to the Yuneec forum and am interested in getting my first Yuneec machine. I am leaning towards the H520 for work and would really enjoy seeing any of them in action and asking some questions. If you are still getting together sometime this fall I'd like to come along for the adventure. I am up in Corcoran and currently fly a Mavic Pro, have my 107 and my Level 1 Thermography Certification. Thank you in advance!

Welcome! If the others are as busy as I've been this summer, not much flying has gotten done. I'm ready to change that. My work's not far from Corcoran. Be happy to meet you at 5pm or later after Labor Day with my Typhoon. I don't see any concerns (airspace-wise) with that community park at the corner of 10 and 50. Just some private use airfield a mile away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone