Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Type of Battery to use?

Reaction score
OK guys I have one more question for now. Can anyone tell me what type of battery that I need to start using with my q500?as far as the cycles the milliamps can someone explain all that to me and which one would be best to use with My q500

For general reference a Q-500 uses a 3S lipo. For considerable info pertaining to batteries and chargers visit the Typhoon H How To forum and peruse the sticky thread at the top of the page discussing battery care.

If you are looking for after market proprietary case batteries that specifically fit the Q-500 you’ll want to find a reputable manufacturer/distributer.

If you are considering obtaining an using batteries that are not inside a Yuneec case you’ll want a 3S, 10C to 15C battery as close to the weight of the factory battery as possible. You can exceed the factory battery mA capacity but it will need to be of dimensions that will fit inside the aircraft.

Most programmable battery chargers of good quality possess the features needed to charge lipos and other battery chemistries effectively.

Reactions: Phaedrus
For general reference a Q-500 uses a 3S lipo. For considerable info pertaining to batteries and chargers visit the Typhoon H How To forum and peruse the sticky thread at the top of the page discussing battery care.

If you are looking for after market proprietary case batteries that specifically fit the Q-500 you’ll want to find a reputable manufacturer/distributer.

If you are considering obtaining an using batteries that are not inside a Yuneec case you’ll want a 3S, 10C to 15C battery as close to the weight of the factory battery as possible. You can exceed the factory battery mA capacity

If you are considering obtaining an using batteries that are not inside a Yuneec case you’ll want a 3S, 10C to 15C battery as close to the weight of the factory battery as possible. You can exceed the factory battery mA capacity but it will need to be of dimensions that will fit inside the aircraft.

Most programmable battery chargers of good quality possess the features needed to charge lipos and other battery chemistries effectively.
can you tell me why after 8 cycles on two brand new 8000mah 50c batteries im only getting 3 to 4min tops there balancing at 4.20 per cell and 12.6 volts fully charged i dont know what im doing wrong thank you for your help
but it will need to be of dimensions that will fit inside the aircraft.

Hi' What brand are the lipos and can your charger check cell resistance ?
Sometimes in colder weather you will see shorter run times especially with week cells in the packs if that's the case.

Attached is the manual for your charger. Use it to find the battery meter function and measure your individual cell voltages and IR for each battery and report the results here.

From your description so far, these batteries are very likely new, but old stock that has been on the shelf for years. It is very likely the IR on the batteries is very high and as soon as a load is placed on them the voltage drops to a low level. When the load is removed the voltage appears normal again.

You should start action to get them replaced by the seller.

Attachments

• acdc-10A_manual.pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Pier2162
Alright ill be back home in a couple hrs or so but when i do ill do that that. I thank you i appreciatte that

Alright ill be back home in a couple hrs or so but when i do ill do that that. I thank you i appreciatte that
Can you attach a photo of the batteries also. I have tried finding Q500 batteries manufactured by Ovonic without success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval