Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H antenna question

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H Pro and have noticed that parts are becoming scarcer. Bought a TH on e-bay that a hobby store is parting out. Seems that parts are worth more than complete drone. The one I bought is supposed to be new and included complete copter except camera and landing gear. Upon inspection I noticed that there is only one silver antenna that exits body near landing gear. Also, this antenna is only 1 inch long (all others I have seen are about 3.5" long. I contacted seller who replied that this is an older version of the TH. He further said that the second antenna is located inside body and cannot be seen without removing body shell. So, I removed shell and found second antenna wire mounted near the RF ant module (see pics). This antenna was also only 1" long. So...my question is if this is in fact normal and whether it can affect the signal range. I know that the lenght of many rc antennas is critical and that they should not be altered. Is it OK to fly this way or should I get new antenna module that has the 3.5" silver exposed wires?20201231_151754.jpg20201231_151826.jpg20201231_160256.jpg20201231_160422.jpg20201231_160517.jpg

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
My Q500 has also a SR24 receiver inside and the antenna wire that comes out of the balon sleeve is also only 1". Seems older antennas are made in this way. My guess is that Yuneec made a change in antenna to bring it out to the landing gears. With sleeve-balun you can correct the impedance of the antenna for proper fit to wave length. So, I would say OK.

br HE

You may see some gain by going to the longer external antennas that need the plastic tubes to keep them at the proper angle and out of the landing gear. The older ST16 had one internal and one external antenna for the Zigbee RC (2.4GHz control signal) and there is very little difference in the range between it and the version with both being external.

Reactions: CaptainDave
Your Typhoon H has the Original ST24, with the shorter Antenna's, I have the Upgrade, to the Pro Version with the Longer Antenna's & the Black Plastic Covers In Stock, here's the Link:

TYPHOON H WIFI UPGRADE TO TYPHOON H-PRO

2.4 ghz Receiver.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me