Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h battery warning

Reaction score
So i took my Typhoon H up for its first flight. All i basically did was hover at different altitudes and moved short distances taking a series of pictures. From the first pic to the last pic was only about 15mins. Then i was forced to land with low voltage warning. The battery meter on the st16 was showing over 14 volts and the little icon showed half battery. So i took it up again to about 85 feet to take one last pic and before i could frame the shot it started to return to home. Will the battery break in or is something defective. Other Typhoon h owners say they are getting 18 to 20 mins. Oh and the wind was minimal.

Probably normal and the battery should get better after some cycles. I expect "normal" is more like 17, plus or minus 2, depending on conditions. If Yuneec tests got 22 minutes with the battery we're getting, I'll eat my hat. 3 Stetson hats so far this year.

Billy,
Don't get greedy with the battery and try to fiy it for 20 minutes.
Wind can make the battery go down faster.
and climbing a lot.

I only fly my Typhoon G for 5 to 7 minutes.
10 at the most.

And then the battery gets charged again.

Yeah, get used to watching the voltage and when it gets really low
then bring it back before that.

I get about 18-19 minutes out of my H in good conditions. Here's a tip I got from the owner's of my LHS that only sells multi-rotors...

Battery readings should only be performed with a load on them. So use the readings just before you land and not when its sitting on the ground with motors off. It will always read higher. I've flown mine till it said 14.9 volts and landed. Later to check something I re-inserted the batter and it said 15.6 volts...

What I really do not like is the fact the battery level indicator shows 2 bars, but the moment voltage drops to 14.4V it almost no time between low battery warning and critically low battery. I have observed it on OEM and after market UltraX batteries. So once you get low battery warning - you need to land immediately, no chance return home it seems.

The point is to anticipate that voltage and land before you get the low battery warning. Most pilots on this board use 14.5V as a target voltage to land by. Pay attention to the actual voltage reading, not the bars. Allow enough time to return and add more if your return is into a headwind. Remember that you not only have to get back but on the ground, so decrease altitude at the same time as heading back.

@Eagle Yes, I just got the drone, I was not sure if something wrong with OEM battery, but after market battery exposed the same behavior. I am going to look for voltage and as you said 14,5V seems like the time to get home and land. I like the drone though, way better vs. Phantom 3. Very competent craft, just needed to learn few things coming from DJI.

Last edited:
Nope that is the nature of the beast... one Phantom owner I flew with said you have 4 minutes to land from the low battery warning... yeah well with the H, 4 minutes after low battery, the H will already be in auto-land and that can be very bad over water... :eek:

Repeating what is in other threads of the same topic, one should already be on the ground or at least just about the land if voltage is at or near 14.5v. Not only for safety (enough juice left in case an abort or go-around is necessary) but also for battery care and longevity.

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacknoah