Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H compass/GPS problem?

Reaction score
Hi there, I need help with my Typhoon H.
After all calibration done and finished, if I take off with my Typhoon H, the bird fly correctly in angel mode, but if I turn on smart mode, it shows that looses GPS and no functions works. Turning back to angel, you can take it back home easily, but asks for a new compass calibration. After the combass calibration done, and you try to fly again, the same error comes back constantly.
Am I dealing with a faulty compass or GPS?
Thanks in advance.

How many satellites were showing for the H and the ST16?
Are you doing the compass calibration in an open grassy area with no structures nearby?

The flight logs would give us more information. Download this doc which explains how to access them and upload them to the forum.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Dear Steve, thanks for the fast answer! Yes, compass calibration done in open area every time. I have practice with that, as I'm flying with typhoon for more than 2 years now, weakly basis. I Will attach a flight log asap.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Dear Steve, thanks for the fast answer! Yes, compass calibration done in open area every time. I have practice with that, as I'm flying with typhoon for more than 2 years now, weakly basis. I Will attach a flight log asap.
How many times have you calibrated your H? Sometimes it's easy to undo a good Calibration, if something isn't right like a control isn't at neutral etc and the result can be problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1