Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hello,

Today my typhoon h has crashed. What are possibilities to repair it under warranty as the crash was kind of strange:
I started in clear area, after few second at 2 meters tried slighty to move forward, backw, left right, up down, and everything was ok.I do this everytime when i start. Fliying mode was on angle, obstcl avoidance was off, nothing was in area of 5meters, i had over 6 gps sats. When i lifted the chassis and in final stage of lifting one of the right motors stucked for like quater of second, and then drone started to fly little to the right, then left, then hard left, left harder, without any response for other direction, up, changing to smart, rth... When i saw it was flying at max speed into cars i drag the stick down to lower the altitude, and it crashed onto some bushes and then on pavement.
Half an hour before i was flying in other place, and everything was ok, i didn't do the compas calibration but could it be the reason of it? there is no antenna in near area or high voltage lanes, especially that it was flying for few second normally, without any change...
I have flight logs but i dont know how to read them. I'm flying over 2 years now, but previously on dji only, without any crashes...

Hi Twekman,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our product did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you.

Please call customer service/tech support for assistance at 1-844-898-6332.

You may forward flight logs to [email protected]

Please post pictures of the damage to the Typhoon H. Would be interested to see how it survives crashes.

Below you can find two new videos from our two different typhoons H. Description is in polish, but basically it was flying down itself, and even with lever up, it was just pumping up/down/up and slowly moving down. In description you can find also flight logs, maybe someone can read them, i don't. After last update everything is ok... so far :>

here, probably obstacle avoidance saved him

here it starts from 0:51

could it be the battery? As both cases was on same battery, after changing used batery to second, full one.

Photos of crashed drones i've got on my mobile, i will send it later.

Hello,

Today my typhoon h has crashed. What are possibilities to repair it under warranty as the crash was kind of strange...
Hello tweakman,
Can you say whether Yuneec agreed to repair (or replace) your drone under warranty?
Today I encountered the same problem as you and I would like to know!
Thank you.

Guys,
Never come straight down fast. If you come straight down fast - you can get into a
ring vortex. If you get into a ring vortex then any stick movement UP will not work.
You need to go to the side and get out of the ring vortex first.
I don't see any issues with the above flights. Both successful.

With the typhoon H off - spin all the motors and make sure they all spin nice.
You could remove all the props and use the computer to spin up each motor by itself and make sure it sounds OK. A grinding sound or different sounding motor may be the one where the prop stopped - in your mention above.
Not sure if you can spin up each motor on a Typhoon H like a Typhoon G on the computer software on a computer.

I bought a Typhoon Hpro4k for a month ago in the US. Currently aircraft accident to repair damage. How to fix it? please guide the procedures to repairTyphoon Hpro 4k, time and fees. thank you.

tweakman,
I am happy to say that the store manager who sold me the crashed Typhoon H strongly supported my compensation claim under warranty and Yuneec Europe agreed "commercial basis".
So, I obtained the Typhoon H kept by the same vendor, to whom I bought a Typhoon H RealSense.

They have replaced the two units we have and had crashed for new one, but it was approx. 3 months ago, during this summer i had one more problem with 1st unit
- the drone couldn't come down, it was during very hot day; the stick was all the way down, but drone was going down very very slowly, and some point i thought that i could not land, but after all i've made it, the problem didn't repeated
and with second unit
- around 1 week ago, also during landing the drone started to fly little up, and then strong left, hit our car, and then flipped upside down.
We spoke with the shop, and techican from them and they told us that probalby there is problem with heat circulation inside the yuneec. There shoul be removed black material on the heat-exchange holes on the top of the drone, and second thing is probably problem with the batteries. They act strange in too high and low temperature. Flying last week, there was maybe 8 Celsius and on both batteries after 4-6 minutes showed up warning about low accu level, and then it disapeared...
I will keep inform you whats next.
I'm flying also phantom for over 3 years now, and never had so much problems with drone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval