Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H FOR SURF FISHING

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots and Typhoon H owners! I just bought Typhoon H unit and would like to ask if anyone has an idea how to use this in "Drone Fishing"? Basically, I need an idea how to utilize the retractable landing gears in casting bait for surf fishing? If anyone have any idea please kindly share to me for more effective use of my drone for fishing. Thank you for future replies!

Get a bamboo skewer used for cooking.
Tape one end securely to one landing gear T. Let the other end just rest on top of the other leg. Make a loop in your fishing line and tie it off.
Slide the loop over the bamboo skewer.
When you raise the landing gear the skewer will fall off the landing gear dropping your line.
I would not do this with the camera on the aircraft, I would also watch how much weight you have on your rig. When I use to surf fish, the rigging would be pretty heavy.
The landing gear is only held in with two screws into the aircraft frame, It is designed to take the upward force when landing, not so much a pulling force that your fishing rig would deliver.

Reactions: Flying Spider
There's also the issue about the weight of the fish that you might catch. If the weight of the fishing gear and the weight of the fish exceed to carrying capacity of the aircraft you may be courting disaster. The weight of the fish is beyond your control so unless you incorporate some means of ditching the line in the event of catching something too heavy for the aircraft I would advise to think again. Just my opinion.

There's also the issue about the weight of the fish that you might catch. If the weight of the fishing gear and the weight of the fish exceed to carrying capacity of the aircraft you may be courting disaster. The weight of the fish is beyond your control so unless you incorporate some means of ditching the line in the event of catching something too heavy for the aircraft I would advise to think again. Just my opinion.

Flush,

The intent is to release the line once it is carried out into the surf far enough. That’s Bob’s release mechanism he describes above.

No way one is going to risk actual fishing “with” the drone!

Jeff

Flush,

The intent is to release the line once it is carried out into the surf far enough. That’s Bob’s release mechanism he describes above.

No way one is going to risk actual fishing “with” the drone!

Jeff
Ahh. Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood the post.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Thank you so much for your replies. That's what I am thinking, the legs are intended for landing only and the mechanism is not intended for lifting. I will try Bob's suggestion and will just put certain amount of weight for the bait, rig and I have to consider the line that it will carry. The longer the line, the heavier it will be. Thank you again!

I made it. the test run works perfectly! … just flip the rig upside down weight has to be on top.

Any chance you could post a photo with it attached to the TH?

Looks like you did a good job with this project.

Looks good.
I do not think I would leave the camera on while flying over the water with the rig.
If the worse happens, you wont loose the camera too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loansjagat