Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H.... Hate to be a bat a tester

Reaction score
Received it on Friday. Right out of the box the ST16 SD card slot failed.
No "shutter sound" when stills taken. Called Yuneec tech support and they were
Totally ill informed on the unit! I knew more and I know nothing!
Perhaps they should get their sh@t wired before sending out the units!

Sending back on Tuesday. Hate being a bata tester. Maybe, maybe I'll reorder in a few months. MAYBE.

You're sending it back because the shutter sound doesn't work?!!
Nice one Karl.
See ya!

Received it on Friday. Right out of the box the ST16 SD card slot failed.
No "shutter sound" when stills taken. Called Yuneec tech support and they were
Totally ill informed on the unit! I knew more and I know nothing!
Perhaps they should get their sh@t wired before sending out the units!

Sending back on Tuesday. Hate being a bata tester. Maybe, maybe I'll reorder in a few months. MAYBE.
Sorry you got a bad unit. Mine is truly amazing. I'm so glad I decided to order. If you're going to be a beta tester might as well be for a company that takes care of you. So far everyone here that has had a problem has had that problem addressed by Yuneec. I fly mine freely trying out all the different modes and settings knowing that if I do run into a problem Yuneec will take care of it. If I purchased a P4 I don't think I would be flying with such a light heart. I would be walking on eggshells fearing that if there is a problem will I be told the problem is mine. I have heard many stories like that from DJI customers and not a single one from an H owner.

Reactions: Forrestt
Thanks for the positive input.

As to loosesid - did you read the post?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets lighten things up a little in here. Remember, were all here for the same reason... camaraderie and the love of rc aircraft.

Unknown.jpg

Let us return to the "H". I was able to capture two stills. Found them outstanding. Any of you have input? Perhaps I will exchange the unit since there are two failures; it is my first foray into the world of drones. Could add more interest to my blog on motorcycle travels.

That's more like it. You probably just need to turn the volume up on the ST16 for the shutter sound, there's a + and - just below the Android screen. Failing that, hit the camera symbol and go into the settings and switch on audio.

Reactions: Peter piontkowski
LooseSid
Thanks that solved the camera issue.

Do you, or anyone, know about the issues with the ST16 SD slot? My card got inserted and could not get it out. Had to take
It to a camera repair shop and even they had an issue getting it out. The tech said very poor design. I would agree, so do others on this forum. When I calls Yuneec the tech there said it was only there for firmware updates. That seems odd since evry other device always connects via USB. Any comments?

Thanks

Sorry you got a bad unit. Mine is truly amazing. I'm so glad I decided to order. If you're going to be a beta tester might as well be for a company that takes care of you. So far everyone here that has had a problem has had that problem addressed by Yuneec. I fly mine freely trying out all the different modes and settings knowing that if I do run into a problem Yuneec will take care of it. If I purchased a P4 I don't think I would be flying with such a light heart. I would be walking on eggshells fearing that if there is a problem will I be told the problem is mine. I have heard many stories like that from DJI customers and not a single one from an H owner.
I can't believe you lent that many letters to that post, no offense. It's a bit of a nutty response.

Edit * I changed this post after initially calling it a "ridiculous post" which was a little harsh. @Karl Johnson

Last edited:
Did you go into the pad file manager to see if the card slot didn't work? The SD indicator on the pilot screen is for the SD card in the camera, not the controller. Were the contacts pointing up when you inserted it?

Sorry, have to stick up for DJI here, well not DJI but sellers. They both have terrible customer service that is getting better because China is known for not having after purchase sales and they carry it over seas which is why we don't have China cars. However, I bought through Apple and my first was perfect and my second one I had to go through 3 until I got a good one and Apple let me bring it a week late once, never asked a question and I even former friendships with managers at 2 stores. So Amazon, Apple gotcha covered and also State Farm rider is in place for all my UASs.

They think hiring someone to answer the phone in America and say "tech support" makes them so. As goofy as the OP is, it's not completely off for either company.

I'm completely stoked about the H and expect it to probably take over my #1 or #2 spot on my prosumer drone blog www.topfivedrones.com but I'm still waiting for the one I was promised before the initial roll out. Not sure if by design or not.

I'll have it soon and will give a complete and honest review. My expectations were low but have soared recently and I can't wait to try it.

The Phantoms, including the 4 is awesome but for something that I fly for fun, like the P4 and soon to be H, I expect fun and a unique experience and the P4 is another version of what has been awesome for years. I want something new.

I am also building a 250 right now for purposes of building and to add to the hobby as it was going stale.

I use my Tornado and my S1000, Ronin, Red Epic and stuff like that for business but when it comes to fun PX and soon YH! :) :) :)

I never want to speed up time, but dang!

From various posts on here, The SD slot has been an issue for a week or so, just got to be careful when using.... Haven't even got mine yet, but surely a tiny piece of magical Gaffer Tape would solve?
Before anyone says 'we shouldn't have to do that' 100% agree, but what else do you do, send it back?

it stops and starts during rotation and twitches in attitude mode. It does this even while sitting on a table.
Does it even do it while here or there?
Does it do it everywhere!

In a house... Ok. You get it by now. :)

Sorry about your Issue actually. It'll get fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval