Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus Issues

Reaction score
I took my H+ drone out to fly today. I just re-calibrated it before I flew it. I normally haven't had any issues with it. I have been flying this drone since April or a bit before and the Typhoon H (for about 2 years) before I upgraded. When it was flying it would move to the left a little and then stop but move to the right fine. I tried flying it from a different spot and then it would go to the left but then only move a few inches to the right that time. I brought it back to my office and checked to make sure there were no software updates. There weren't any. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Interesting symptom. The first suggestion is to look at the Hardware Monitor when you are experiencing this and verify the stick outputs look normal. Depending on where you live, the sticks might need cleaning. Some pilots need to clean them regularly, others -like myself- have never had any issues.

I am also curious, what firmware version are you using?

Reactions: JackMTaco
Interesting symptom. The first suggestion is to look at the Hardware Monitor when you are experiencing this and verify the stick outputs look normal. Depending on where you live, the sticks might need cleaning. Some pilots need to clean them regularly, others -like myself- have never had any issues.

I am also curious, what firmware version are you using?

I normally just fly it in the city. I work for a commercial real estate company and last Monday I did take it out to the country to fly over 300 acres. It was fairly windy and dusty. Any advice on cleaning the sticks and the drone?

The firmware version is:

Autopilot V1 5.0
Camera C23_C_1.1.03_20190312
Realsense 102

I normally just fly it in the city. I work for a commercial real estate company and last Monday I did take it out to the country to fly over 300 acres. It was fairly windy and dusty. Any advice on cleaning the sticks and the drone?

The firmware version is:

Autopilot V1 5.0
Realsense 102

Also, the Remote Controller Firmware is:

System CONTROLLER_1.1.03_20190312
App APP_1.1.03_20190320

I took my H+ drone out to fly today. I just re-calibrated it before I flew it. I normally haven't had any issues with it. I have been flying this drone since April or a bit before and the Typhoon H (for about 2 years) before I upgraded. When it was flying it would move to the left a little and then stop but move to the right fine. I tried flying it from a different spot and then it would go to the left but then only move a few inches to the right that time. I brought it back to my office and checked to make sure there were no software updates. There weren't any. Anyone know what the issue could be?
If all controls weren't neutral then it wouldn't be a good calibration, like DCH states, clean sticks, good stir and check everything in Hardware monitor to make sure everything is neutral and operating as it should, then try again.

The firmware version is:

Autopilot V1 5.0
Realsense 102
Contact cleaner CRC.

If all controls weren't neutral then it wouldn't be a good calibration, like DCH states, clean sticks, good stir and check everything in Hardware monitor to make sure everything is neutral and operating as it should, then try again.

Thank you so much!! I will retry the calibration.

What calibration did you perform just before you started having the control problems?

Not sure if you can do this on the H Plus (I use an H520) but check the controller calibration on startup, you may need to calibrate it. I've also seen some posts about the ST16 controller having some hardware issues if it persists. Hopefully you won't have that issue.

Hi.
It can happen (99%) that the Pot connector is broken or does not make good contact.
Solder the wires of the connector directly to the pot print.
Most of the time it has nothing to do with the software.
Best regards and fly safe.
Peter.

There was nothing wrong with the stick pots in the first place, only some corrosion on the little connectors of the pot prints.
Sorry, i don't have pictures or documentation yet but as soon i have the 2020 models in stock i post the inside photo's.
So if you have strange stick movement, take of the connector and solder the wires directly on the pots.
Calibrate the ST16S and your problem is over.
Be carefull that the wires don't get stuck in the mechanic of the sticks.
Keep you informed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval