Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h Pro camera wont tilt or pan

Reaction score
glad I found this forum, ok, give a short story...

have had my H a few months, lots of flights with it...last week I took it out for a quick flight. about to bring it in for a landing and im at 256ft altitude. right over my yard. drone stops responding at sits there not moving. I tried everything and im freaking out because nothing on the controller works. is it just going to go till the battery dies and fall out the sky, damage someones property, ect...didnt know, i was scared. finally it starts blinking then slowly descends down, missing my roof by about 12 inches.

next day it would not acquire gps signal

found a video said to copy the H in model, rebind ect and it, recalibrate and you will be good

so I done that, got signal, calibrated and then upgraded the remote as it just offered an upgrade

where I am at now. the remote and drone are up to date. its calibrated. when you turn the drone on, it will spin the gimble and place the camera forward, if you tilt the drone, the camera stays level, so I know it has power to the camera. under calibration, gimbal cal does nothing

however now the camera no longer tilts or pans...not so much worried about the pan but the tilt I do need

Anyone have a solution, please help and I emailed Yuneec, a week now and no responce

Last edited:
Have same problem. Mine Stoped working last week after calibrating. Have picture and everything works fine. Just no camera pan or tilt. Anyone any suggestions ??

Did you follow the upgrade video? Did you bind to the correct camera model? Did you recalibrate the camera/gimbal and restart afterwards?

I think I have. Where Is the up grade video . I'm new to here. I have no 5.8 wifi connection showing also.

Anyone have a solution, please help and I emailed Yuneec, a week now and no responce

New Orleans (?),
I can tell you one thing. They never used to respond to my emails, and someone told me to call them.
Call them, lol.:)

New Orleans (?),
I can tell you one thing. They never used to respond to my emails, and someone told me to call them.
Call them, lol.:)

yes New Orleans, I figure they offer an email that they would reply, ill try to give them a call soon

Did you follow the upgrade video? Did you bind to the correct camera model? Did you recalibrate the camera/gimbal and restart afterwards?

just watched that video, only thing I didnt do is delete the flight log, ill try that shortly, other than that all the calibrations worked except the gimbal, it does nothing when you click on it

went ahead and re-done the whole upgrade, controller and drone, step for step with the video. same results, everything calibrates except for the gimble and still no pan or tilt

yuneec is closed so have to wait till tomorrow unless anyone figures something out before then

When you did the re-binding to the camera, did you select the correct camera model? If you bind to camera model CGO3, it will not work. Make sure you choose CGO3 Pro. Remember to power off and back on after camera calibration.

When you did the re-binding to the camera, did you select the correct camera model? If you bind to camera model CGO3, it will not work. Make sure you choose CGO3 Pro. Remember to power off and back on after camera calibration.

100% bound the correct camera, I get video on the control station, it takes picture and video perfectly fine, if you tilt the drone while powered on, the camera levels itself... it just doesnt tilt or pan

The previous camera model used on the Q500 did not have the same control setup since it did not pan. I made the mistake once of choosing this camera model when binding and it did not work.
One other thing you can try is to remove the camera/gimbal and check and clean the contacts.

so this is the latest, not much help...been busy,y getting ready for a trip to vegas, but managed to call Yuneec today. was put on the hold your spot in line, call back...never got called back.

about an hour later I got an email from when I contacted them about the camera, here is their reply

I have a theory on this one. Have you looked at the calibration on the ST16? Keep pressing the about controller button until the hidden menu appears. In here you can calibrate all the switches. Google it first.

I have a theory on this one. Have you looked at the calibration on the ST16? Keep pressing the about controller button until the hidden menu appears. In here you can calibrate all the switches. Google it first.

I went on vacation to vegas but still haven't heard back from yuneec, as for the controller calibration, I done that two different times and everything checks out, (turns green)...

update: emailed Yuneec last night as I have not heard back from them in over a week. got an email today that says, sorry they had some email issues, yada yada yada...

gave me a ups label to print out and ship the H back to them...ill try to get it out tomorrow If im not to busy and see what happens from there

called Ken-A-Vision where yuneec sent my drone for warrantied repair work and as someone has said, they do not stock parts so after 2.5 weeks, still waiting

the lady did say that they are waiting on an "ESV Board" or what sounded like esv, so for anyone else who has this problem, thats whats wrong with mine

Check the Controls of the ST16 in Hardware Monitor. If they follow your inputs on the controls, then exit back to the main screen and double tap the Volts icon on the upper left. It will bring up a screen that looks like this.
AA40BD9F-5232-4185-B1C7-359984808935.jpeg
Ch9 is for the Tilt Mode Switch - it should read 10% with the switch in the up and middle positions and 100% in the down position

Ch7 is for the Tilt Slider - the values should range from -100% in the full up position to 100% in the full down position and 0% at the midpoint.

Ch10 is for the Pan Mode Switch - for the up position the value should be -100%, middle position should be -40%, and the down position should be 100%.

Ch8 is for the Pan Knob - mid point should read 0%, full left should read 100%, and full right should read -100%.

If these values are correct then check the mounting plate contacts for one that is stuck down or dirty contacts.

The last thing would be to check continuity in the wiring to the camera mount in the aircraft and in the camera through the slip ring assembly. This document can help guide you in the continuity checks. https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev82-pdf.26682/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop