Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Props out of balance

Reaction score
For those of you that check your props for balance. I checked 4 sets plus the 4 extra blades
that came with the H. I have found all of them were heavy on the letter side A and B. The hubs seem to be ok
on all of them. Just the side with the letter. Check this for yourself, Just wanted everyone to know my findings.

Reactions: SnowRaven
Are you going to balance them?
I all ready did. With a Du-Bro 499. This is the one has the hubs that work with the H. I talked to the Dubro boys and
this is the one they said to buy. Works great.(member when using the balancer, make sure no fans or air vents are blowing
on the unit. Also when you let go of the blades when you check them, hold the tip of the blade and release strait out from the tip
as if you put your hands close to the sides of the blades, the static electricity from your will move the blades.
Also watch the video on their site. They don't say anything about your hands making blades move.

Thanks, did you sand them on the inside? how badly were they out of balance? (I fly planes as well)
Yes I used 3M pro grade precision P220 from home depot, any 220 works I guess. Sanded on the inside thicker edge out to the middle and
close to the hub. Works for me, Strange how all of them are the same, guess they came out of the same mold.I just want to eliminate any vibrations that
I might get otherwise, and my videos might be even better. That's just me.
Hope this helps ..Fly safe

Milt, I use the same balancer and I found the same thing. All of my props were heavy on the side with the letter.

One thing I really like about this forum is I learn so much from you guys.
There was another thread on this but I did not look into more at that time.

I have no idea how to do this but I will search for some videos and check it out just because. i:)i

If anyone has any recommendations on videos and how to do this stuff, please post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
Bought a Du-Bro 499 from Amazon for $22
Just balanced all my props. They were ALL heavy on the (A) or (B) marked propeller and even the hubs for just a hair off balance ALL PROPS!

I also got a Du-Bro 499. I have not balanced any yet. I am still confused on balancing the props versus the hubs.

I also am just unsure if I want to sand plastic off or add tape etc...

The ones I played with are off just as you said but it is not much.

I use 100 grit sand paper, just a little off the hub, about 30 seconds of sanding on the backside of the heavy blade

You balance the blade first so that it will lay horizontal without floating downward

Now you place the prop vertical, so the hubs are now on left/right side, if it floats blades horizontal then the hub side that is now down is the heavy side of the hub.. It took no more than 10 seconds of light sanding on that hub side to correct so that it really had no preference which hub side to float down after the light sanding on the heavy hub is done.

I also got a Du-Bro 499. I have not balanced any yet. I am still confused on balancing the props versus the hubs.

I also am just unsure if I want to sand plastic off or add tape etc...

The ones I played with are off just as you said but it is not much.
Ok this is a picture of an A prop the A is printed on the other side, you can see where I have sanded on the none letter side
I only take a little at a time very light sanding and you will see black power coming off as you go. Then check the balance
and sanding until the props stay in any position you place them. I try straight up then 3 o'clock then 9 5 2 10 you get the picture.
I don't use tape because I just think it could come off at some point. Now if the hubs were out of balance, that is the center
and when the props were on the 499 and it ended up pointing left and right 3 and 9 and you would turn it 180
and it flipped back to the other side, well that side down on the hub would be heavy, I have not found any of my props
out on the hubs. Others say yes, I have 5 complete sets and no hub problems. Hope this helps, read how to
handle the props while on the du-bro 499 up top post from me.

Attachments

• P7070001.JPG
    P7070001.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Out of the ten props supplied 3 props with the white insert were balanced nothing required, but the rest were not I just used my dubro balancer and used magic tape out towards the tip on the underside to balance only needed a tiny portion to balance, all the hubs were good no balancing required, I've used this method on all my quadcopters, I have in the past also used tape to balance the motors especially when the camera gimbals were not that great and it showed up in the video footage, I had a app on my phone which showed up the slightest vibration when layed across each rotor arm and started the motor without any props on, I wonder if there is still any gain in checking these newer quads for motors being out of balance.

Yes I used 3M pro grade precision P220 from home depot, any 220 works I guess. Sanded on the inside thicker edge out to the middle and
close to the hub. Works for me, Strange how all of them are the same, guess they came out of the same mold.I just want to eliminate any vibrations that
I might get otherwise, and my videos might be even better. That's just me.
Hope this helps ..Fly safe
You sand your props!
Surely removing any material from the prop will damage its integrity and any airflow over it.
When I balance I just add a small piece of thin adhesive tape to the light side rather than sand material off the heavy side.

I also use the Du-Bro 499, and have always balanced my props on the many planes I few so its a habit and good practice to do them on my drones. Always check props thoroughly before each flight as well as after each flight. I prefer to sand mine as well, just as mentioned my Milt. The H fly's smooth and stable.

Reactions: games133
You sand your props!
Surely removing any material from the prop will damage its integrity and any airflow over it.
When I balance I just add a small piece of thin adhesive tape to the light side rather than sand material off the heavy side.

If you check your props with the du-bro you will find the letter side to be the heavier side. This has been the case with all mine
and I have about 10 complete sets, I went over board thinking I would need them. So far only needed to replace 1 set in all these months of flying, they get a little sloppy at the hub.

Now they are only off by just a fraction so what I sand off is just a slight bit of power. I don't think what I am taking off will do any harm to the props.
You could say I am just buffing the props and not much pressure.
I really don't think you would have any problems even if you didn't do anything to them.
I flew for a month before I balanced them. I did them all just in case I needed them.

I also use the Du-Bro 499, and have always balanced my props on the many planes I few so its a habit and good practice to do them on my drones. Always check props thoroughly before each flight as well as after each flight. I prefer to sand mine as well, just as mentioned my Milt. The H fly's smooth and stable.

And like Air One I check my props before every flight., something I learned when I owned an Ultralight that I was sitting in. Always preflight check and don't get in a hurry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval