Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - wanted Dark ND filters

Reaction score
Hi Brains Trust

Wondering if anyone knew where to source darker ND filters for Cgo3+. Looking for ND16, ND32, ND64 and ND128. I can’t see the need to go higher than 7 stops as to get 1/8000 down to 2x frame rate (25fps) or close to. Filters are hard enough to find, let alone in the heavier range, which I already have.

if I can’t source, does anyone know of an adaptor ring (which someone may have fabricated) to allow more common to source ND filters to be used.

thanks in advance

The main problem with adaptors is their weight. This will cause camera resets in midflight. I'm using some metal holders, available in eBay, with counterweight of the oposite side of the camera.

If the diameter is smaller than original glass I'm using plastic ring as a spacer.

Walimex. But the same mold is available from other manufacturers.

Thanks for the response.
Would be Interested to see the holders that you use. On a side note, the CPL that I have is pretty heavy, and was considering a couterweight for that - had read some other threads on that.
Looking at some recent video that I took, I really need to drop the frame rate when it’s sunny and bright.
I saw some variable 2-400 ND filters, but sourcing those also seems impossible too - as most manufacturers have stopped producing. Not sure how effective they are, and if they create a cross and soften the edges too far - which I’ve read.
Just trying to get the most out of what I have - find it hard to justify purchasing another drone - or at least one without a fixed aperture

Of course, yes. Look the pictures.DSC_0150.JPGDSC_0149.JPG

About the link is difficult. I'm buying usualy from eBay via auctions. After the deal the link is useless.

The inner ring is threaded to the outer. You can unscrew it with some pliers with sharp peaks.DSC_0151.JPG16185692994421067223715.jpg

If you use only one camera I'll recommend you to buy cheap Sybony filters and to ask someone to print a suitable adaptor.16185724537451172276807.jpg

I have some good "Freewell" filter, a set like this:

Look for "Freewell+Yuneec+Filter". As darkest I saw a ND1000 filter.

br HE
Thanks - I did get a freewell kit a while back, but only goes to ND8. I did the calcs on the camera and to get down from 1/8000 to around 1/50-60 the most I would ever need is a ND128. An Nd1000 would be interesting for stills for long exposure - might consider that once I overcome my vid shutter speed needs

If you use only one camera I'll recommend you to buy cheap Sybony filters and to ask someone to print a suitable adaptor.View attachment 25443
That may be the solution - I just managed to purchase an ND32 online - but finding stock, and those that ship to Australia is a challenge.
Next challenge is to find someone that can design and print an adaptor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval