Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H3 carry case

ZCS

Reaction score
Hi there . Got my H3 drone and got a question . Does the H3 fit in a Typhoon H case ? Thx for help .

It should fit in the H+ or H520 case. All share the same airframe which is 20mm longer in each arm. This results in the case needing to be that much taller.

OK . Thx . I wish to know precisely bcos I found one for sale in the US and it's a long way to London . Won't be happy if I have to send it back across the ocean . 👍😃

Do you have the styrofoam container for your H3?

Are you buying the backpack or a hard case?

Yes I do have the foam . I saw a backpack like something but a hard case as well . My concern is about how will fit the Leica camera in the camera slot ............

The backpack for the H+/H520 should work unless Yuneec changed the design with the H3. Maybe a photo of what you have right now would help. I assumed that it shipped in the foam packing with the camera mounted with a gimbal lock installed like the other Yuneec aircraft.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Yes it did . I'm gonna take a picture of that foam , doing some measurements and I'll get back with new data . Thx a lod

The H3 will fit in any H+ or H520 Foam Insert, it will fit in the Typhoon H OEM Foam Insert with some modification, cutting the Styrofoam out under the Front and Rear Motor Arms will allow it to fit.

Yuneec Backpack & Case Foam Inserts 10.0.png

The H3 will fit in any H+ or H520 Foam Insert, it will fit in the Typhoon H OEM Foam Insert with some modification, cutting the Styrofoam out under the Front and Rear Motor Arms will allow it to fit.

View attachment 26334
Does this mean the foam the H3 is packaged in will properly fit in the backpack for the H+/H520?

It should fit in the H+ or H520 case. All share the same airframe which is 20mm longer in each arm. This results in the case needing to be that much taller.
Ohh , OK . Thx for your mail . I'll order the backpack (being a bit more flexible not rigid as a hard case ) to get around my newest bird . Again Thx for your help . Have a nice Sunday 👍🍻🍻

Last edited:
The H3 foam inserts are slightly different around the camera area compared to all the other Typhoon H/H520 inserts. The outer dimensions are the same as the H+ and H520 but if you squeeze the H3 with L1 Ion camera into their foam inserts you ending up crushing the rubber mounts. I use the H3 foam inserts in an old Typhoon H+ backpack.

To use H+/H520 foam inserts you just have to hack away at some foam to accommodate the L1 Ion camera, which is a bit fatter and longer than the C23/E90.

Reactions: ZCS and DoomMeister
The H3 foam inserts are slightly different around the camera area compared to all the other Typhoon H/H520 inserts. The outer dimensions are the same as the H+ and H520 but if you squeeze the H3 with L1 Ion camera into their foam inserts you ending up crushing the rubber mounts. I use the H3 foam inserts in an old Typhoon H+ backpack.

To use H+/H520 foam inserts you just have to hack away at some foam to accommodate the L1 Ion camera, which is a bit fatter and longer than the C23/E90.
Thx for your mail . I changed the foam inserts from the box with the inserts which came with the backpack . Easy job 👍
The other inserts will be modified at the time being . Have a good day .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval