Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon transmitter and cam Q

Reaction score
Good evening,

I was searching for an answer but its a little specific and since I'm leaning heavily towards a Yuneec copter I figured it would be best to join the forum. Excuse me in advance for any questions that may seem to be common sense to you guys but are not for me.

Ok I'm considering a Typhoon H mostly because one prop can fail and it can still be flown which is a big deal to me. Now I have read that the ST10+ will work but it does not have enough channels to work the camera and landing gear. Now for what I need this for I do not need a camera capable of recording, is it possible to mount a FPV camera in a fixed position that will feed live video to the ST10?

Can this be flown with the landing gear down or does it drastically affect the performance? fabricating a piece to attach the camera would not be a huge problem nor would wiring it granted I am able to get to some wires.

Does this sound like craziness or is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

This is because I'm on a partial budget and the 1100-1300 for the entire package is s little too much. I was going to buy just the copter minus the camera and use my friends spare st10. I don't need a record function though and with the short flight time I figured I could save tiny amount of weight with a smaller camera. It's either this or maybe building it from parts entirely.

This is because I'm on a partial budget and the 1100-1300 for the entire package is s little too much. I was going to buy just the copter minus the camera and use my friends spare st10. I don't need a record function though and with the short flight time I figured I could save tiny amount of weight with a smaller camera. It's either this or maybe building it from parts entirely.
OK, I get it. Not enough $. No worries. Yes, you can fly with the landing gear down, but it affects the handling somewhat. Lower COG, more drag, but nothing drastic (IMO). Can I ask what you're going to use it for? FPV? SAR?

Ur not going to be able to feed live video from an aftermarket fpv camera to the st10. The yuneec controllers are specific to the cgo cameras

I have some property and I'm going to use it around the perimeter. I may end up just building one to my specs because mixing parts does not seem like it's going to work like I thought.

At the price they're selling the H today it's not a bad deal what you want to do like you said you don't have to record. The way that the H flies the distance that you can use it , all work to your benefit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval