Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox - Flight data app now supporting H Plus (Beta)

Reaction score
For those of you who are unaware of UAV Toolbox, this is an app that runs on the ST-16. It:
  • Plays back previous flights on maps
  • Gives flight summaries, including battery, radio signal, error messages and other data
  • Adds weather reports and location addresses
  • Plays back flight videos and images, synchronised with map location and telemetry
  • Provides an easy way to download telemetry and files from the ST-16 via WiFi
  • Allows you to upload and share flight summaries, maps and synchronised media online
  • Tracks equipment usage (which battery for which flight etc.)
  • Online service includes download of flight logs in simple .csv format to add to your log book
  • Converts flights to Google Maps format to import into other software
Now on version 3.0.1, I'm pleased to announce support for the H Plus. This is a Beta release, so there may be (probably are!) bugs.

If you are interested in trying it out, the download and installation instructions are available here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Note that you need to register to use the app, and can test it out for free for 28 days. If you have previously used the version for the H480, your registration will continue to work for the H Plus with no additional payment. After 28 days if you wish to continue to use the app there will be a small payment, made online - this is not available yet, but should arrive in the next couple of weeks depending on the feedback from testing.

At present, mapping is not supported on the H Plus - sadly I've crashed my drone, so development of this function has stopped until I can get it repaired.

Please let me know how you get on. If you have any problems, drop me a message through the website, on this thread or by messaging me through the forum. Your feedback and support is vital to fuel this project.

Last edited:
Wonderful news Tuna!
I am not much of a beta tester but will be following closely for the final release.
I am sure, and hope you will get a bunch of testers.
Thanks for all your efforts

Reactions: Steve Carr
I can't tell you how excited I am about this! ?
I loved UAV Toolbox on my H480, and after I sold it, the one thing I missed the most about the H480 was UAVTB.
Downloading now, will be testing it today!
Oh boy!! Christmas came early!!
Thank you-thank you-thank you!!!

I can't tell you how excited I am about this! ?
I loved UAV Toolbox on my H480, and after I sold it, the one thing I missed the most about the H480 was UAVTB.

DCH, keep us posted as to how it goes with your UAVTB on the Plus, thanks

Hi all.
I am new to drone flying and yuneec products. Can you advise me please, how do I download and install this app. I looked for updated on the controller software but it said that I had the latest updates !
(ThypoonHPLUS-C23_C_1.1.03_build822_20190312.yuneec)
Should I go into Google and download the app to the tablet? How can I get the app to work with the controlled.
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
Should I go into Google and download the app to the tablet? How can I get the app to work with the controlled.
There is more than one way. I for one do not want to use my ST16S tablet to go to Google Play Store, or anywhere on the internet, other than to get OTA (Over The Air) updates directly from Yuneec, and to get satellite images and map info for UAV Tool Box. So I prefer to "Side Load" the APK file by loading it onto a Micro SD card, inserting into the ST16(S) and load it with the Android file manager.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Just follow the instructions in the post and on the website. Super easy. No play store. Thanks Tuna! Just got it and giving it a little run through! Love being able to see video and map together. Thank you.

How do I update my current version (2.3.0), which I only recently got, to the new one? Doesn't seem to be an update feature in the app. Do I have to delete the current one and then d/l and install the new one?

No Play Store - this app is a direct download for now - open your browser on the ST-16 and visit the
Code:
https://uavtoolbox.com/beta.html
web page. There is a download button that will allow you to download the app. Then just click on the download message (notification at the top left of the screen) and tap it to install.

This is not a Yuneec Firmware upgrade, but a third party App. The original version of UAV Toolbox came out for the Typhoon H in 2016 and many pilots use it regularly to plan and review their flights. It runs separately from the Yuneec Flight app, and does not change the operation of the ST-16 in any way. UAV Toolbox reads the log and media files Yuneec generate, but doesn't alter them.

@Ric B - If you're already running 2.3.0 on a Typhoon H, there's no need to upgrade at present - I'll be opening this up to the original machine soon, but the main new features right now are support for the HPlus and H520

For those of you who are unaware of UAV Toolbox, this is an app that runs on the ST-16. It:
  • Gives flight summaries, including battery, radio signal, error messages and other data
  • Plays back flight videos and images, synchronised with map location and telemetry
  • Allows you to upload and share flight summaries, maps and synchronised media online
  • Online service includes download of flight logs in simple .csv format to add to your log book
Now on version 3.0.1, I'm pleased to announce support for the H Plus. This is a Beta release, so there may be (probably are!) bugs.

If you are interested in trying it out, the download and installation instructions are available here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Note that you need to register to use the app, and can test it out for free for 28 days. If you have previously used the version for the H480, your registration will continue to work for the H Plus with no additional payment. After 28 days if you wish to continue to use the app there will be a small payment, made online - this is not available yet, but should arrive in the next couple of weeks depending on the feedback from testing.

At present, mapping is not supported on the H Plus - sadly I've crashed my drone, so development of this function has stopped until I can get it repaired.

Please let me know how you get on. If you have any problems, drop me a message through the website, on this thread or by messaging me through the forum. Your feedback and support is vital to fuel this project.
Is it a lifetime licence or yearly? Do you have to pay for each if you have more than copter?

Is it a lifetime licence or yearly? Do you have to pay for each if you have more than copter?

It's a lifetime license for the app, though you are limited to uploading a maximum of 2 videos and 10 images per flight for online sharing.

The license covers up to three installations.

It's a lifetime license for the app, though you are limited to uploading a maximum of 2 videos and 10 images per flight for online sharing.

The license covers up to three installations.
Thanks for the information.

Tuna, I went ahead and installed the beta version on my ST16S. It all went well, as expected, and logged in with my info from older H480.
I flew 4 batteries earlier today so wanted to look at logs, ect.
I know it's early in your development but I do question the data I'm getting.
Example: one continuous flight was broken down showing two flights. Not correct - did not land during flight.
Also it showed my "furtherous from home" point as 1.1 mile! No way, I was out that far! I am using imperial not metric which could be in the conversion, I suppose.

Thanks for all the efforts and looking for further improvements.
Hopefully missions & CCC abilities are in the works.

Reactions: DCH
I too am seeing some erroneous information in my data. Like @davemh I am seeing single flights broken into multiple shorter ones. And flight times are also questionable, I have one flight that claimed to be over 48 minutes! And there three shorter ones after that! (WoW! I wish I could remember which battery I was using for that one! ? )

Altitude and location data seems correct, although I thought I remembered seeing actual detailed maps and satellite images before on my H480 version, but I'm not getting that now, just a generic featureless world map with no specific map information.

I will continue to monitor the app closely to see what else is good and what else needs tweaking. Thank you so much for making this app available to us Plus and H520 owners. I am go grateful, it is wonderful to have this app again, looking forward to the fixes.

Thanks for the testing, guys - The telemetry on the HPlus is not the easiest to process :)

If you're ok to share telemetry with me so I can chase down errors, please let me know so we can discuss sending files out.

@DCH If you're missing maps, you may need to check you're online when viewing telemetry (check the line at the bottom of the main menu is green, not red). Then occasionally, zooming out might wake things up.

All the feedback is invaluable, thanks again!

Thank you :)

Thanks for your work on this project @Tuna! I have no problem sending my telemetry files to you, I hope I get you the right ones, I'm new at extracting these files. This one flight contains both multiple flights and erroneous flight times (48 min!), so I can send you a two-fer. Let me know if I got the right matching files.

Attachments

• For Tuna.zip
    3 MB · Views: 9
Thanks for your work on this project @Tuna! I have no problem sending my telemetry files to you, I hope I get you the right ones, I'm new at extracting these files. This one flight contains both multiple flights and erroneous flight times (48 min!), so I can send you a two-fer. Let me know if I got the right matching files.

Perfect, thank you!

FYI, This was just flying around the property in small patterns, running down a battery and beta testing Build 893, so it doesn't cover a lot of territory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval