Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UltraX Batteries.

just got my shipment of 8 the ultra x batteries in arrived at 35 percent. placed them on my chargers got them to up to storage voltage and balanced. now to wait for the weekend to see which of the 2 year old ultra x ones to retire from my battery roster. just retired two 2y 8 month old oem h480 yuneec batteries.

just got my shipment of 8 the ultra x batteries in arrived at 35 percent. placed them on my chargers got them to up to storage voltage and balanced. now to wait for the weekend to see which of the 2 year old ultra x ones to retire from my battery roster. just retired two 2y 8 month old oem h480 yuneec batteries.
If the IR is still low and your getting good flight times, why would you retire them? Seem to be a lot of people still getting good results from even 2016/17 batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlushVision
If the IR is still low and your getting good flight times, why would you retire them? Seem to be a lot of people still getting good results from even 2016/17 batteries.
All my 2016 OEM batteries are still going strong although one of them is giving me around one minute (on average) less time in the air than tho others. I still have a new battery on order from Jessops, though, primarily to replace that battery but I won't retire it until my air time with is significantly reduced.

Incidentally, I spoke with Jessops on Monday afternoon to find out the status of my order. They say they are still out of stock but expect a delivery before the end on this month. Since I'm not currently in a rush for the battery I decided to give them another couple of weeks to fulfill the order but if I still haven't received it in two weeks time I will cancel the order and source one from elsewhere.

Hi John! Where in Australia can I buy batteries for Yuneec Typhoon H480?
Hi hlorenzl,
They are hard to get , I have been able to get some on ebay but bought the Ultrax 6300 mah batteries from Haydn at Mountain View Enterprise. He may have some more, don't know, where in Oz are you.
P M me and II may be able to help you out with some good s/ hand ones or you can give his mobile # a call 0410584575. Drop me a line if you have trouble. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Just got done with test flights with 8 new ultra x units. flights were as expected. When using these on the h520. For the base line I am getting 19min 30 sec to 21 min 15 sec with e90. base line using e90 for fpv not recording. base line for the other 8 ultra x units dates are months 03 year 2017 and month 04 year 2017 were 19min to 21min. I no longer use my h480 pro. That unit prone to have calibration issues that can cause the unit to malfunction.

Just got done with test flights with 8 new ultra x units. flights were as expected. When using these on the h520. For the base line I am getting 19min 30 sec to 21 min 15 sec with e90. base line using e90 for fpv not recording. base line for the other 8 ultra x units dates are months 03 year 2017 and month 04 year 2017 were 19min to 21min. I no longer use my h480 pro. That unit prone to have calibration issues that can cause the unit to malfunction.
Hi Terrance,
Are they the hi voltage ones for the H 520, if not I think that you are doing exceptionally well for standard batteries. Johnno Hennessy.

standard h480 battery were used from ultra x. the high voltage oem yuneec are 21 to 22 min hi voltage venom 25 to 27 min. ultra x as of now do not make hi voltage. wish they did like to see the run time for those. I need to get the e50 camera or the yuneec wifi modual which is a lighter payload and do a new base line run for all 24 batteries. base line is done 395 ft agl distance from controller 500ft

Last edited:
Hi Terrance,
I must say that, that is a very very good time for standard batteries even though they are 6300 mah. I will have to put the clock on Mt two that I have. Are you in Australia ,if so where and where did you get the datteries and how much. That is very good times for any sort of battery, what are you doing just hovering or flying a job or what. Johnno Hennessy.

My location is in the united states the current test were hovering . I have gotten 19 to 20 min moderate flying in june. the cost of the new ultra x were 135.95 for a pair . I paid for 4 pairs. the older ultra x in 2017 I paid 225 for pack of 4 and two packs of 2 for 120.00 per pair. all ultra x from ebay. Times were from motor start up to motor shutdown. the st16S shows times. This the yuneec h520 unit being not the h480 h480 times will be lower with the camera attached but with no camera attached the h480 will be on par with the h520 but a min or 2 less than the h520. I retired my 2 h480 oem black batteries due to age and past heavy use. They could get only 17 min 30 sec at best. and after full charge was at 94 percent. during flights had steep drops in voltage compared with my other h480 ultra x batteries. next set of testing to be done in 7-20-2019 and 7-21-2019 will be a flight distance test to see how far in miles the h520 will do per battery. past max distance runs were ranging easy 5 miles to 7 miles doing mix of loops few figure 8, a 6000 ft straight run that 3000ft from controller and back 3000 ft to the controller. venom h520 battery set a record 50000ft in flight . due to current regs in my location. I can not do a beyond of sight operation. Also in my area I do not have the means to do a distance test from a moving car. However I do have a area that is sparcly populated that it could be done.

Last edited:
...Times were from motor start up to motor shutdown....
How long between motor start and lift-off?

You mentioned that you were getting over 17 minutes from old OEM batteries. I would see that as pretty good if it was 'in the air' time.

start of motor to liftoff from ground 4 to 7 sec. once I hit the red button I want of the ground as soon as i can before auto motor shut kicks in. from start of motor on the ground to 350ft to 390ft agl 30 to 40 sec. there is a short wait time from power on button on the h520 to connection to drone then switch to angle mode from waiting for aircraft on the st16s side before start of motors. I am not including that time.

Last edited:
start to liftoff from ground 6 to 10 sec. from start of motor on the ground to 350ft to 390ft agl 30 to 40 sec.
Ah. Not a long time stationary...at idol. I take far longer to reach greater altitudes, if I decide to go to greater altitudes at all. I like to do some flight control tests before going further up and, generally, tend not to go much above 250' unless the operation demands it.

Interesting, I finally heard back from the GT, the seller on Amazon, asking for detailed information, so I gave them a run down of everything from the logs and from charging data, they also asked for the barcode which they expected to start with a sequence "Z18" and neither of batteries, the good one or the flaky one purchased in May have that barcode. Now we're back in the "forwarded to our engineer stall" Should have just returned it to Amazon when I had my first dobts and saved myself a headache. Won't be purchasing anymore unless they get it straightened out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech