Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using ST10+ as second controler

Seems that to run a dual controller setup just to control the camera is a pain. My ideal setup would be with the ST16 as the primary controller.... With a tablet running a CGO App that just controled the camera. This app would just need to be an updated version of the current one from Yuneec.... With the camera control code from the ST16 integrated into the application.

I mean Yuneec could even make it a payware version of the current app to generate some extra income to cover the costs of the upgrade.

I know for myself.... I would be much happier handing a tablet to someone that let's them control just the camera rather than a full controller.

Anway.... Just my 2c worth of thinking.

Cheers....

So I posted this over on the Yuneec APV Facebook page as both a PM and a general comment to one of the posts there and just received this back from them:

"Thank you for messaging Yuneec! Great idea! Will definitely share with engineers. -Team Yuneec"

So who knows .... maybe something will come out of it .... fingers crossed ;)

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
I tried my st10 with the typhoon, it shows binding to the camera but nothing shows up on the screen. It has to be in team mode. I checked my firmware on the st10 and it seems to be up to date. Let us know if anybody else had tried. I know they said you can't use it but I thought I would try.....haha because they also said TWO WEEKS

can somebody hack the st10+ that we can use it for cam or flight?

... we can lift landing gear here too with 2 buttons like in the wizard

Reactions: Lumberjack0
yes some news about...soon will be an update come who allows to use the st10+ as second controller.... have told me Yuneec...

so let's pray )

Reactions: Lumberjack0
Has anyone succesfully done this so the ST10 controls camera and ST16 controls aircraft?

no...the yuneec promised update hasn't come and no more words from yuneec about it. the only thing what's possible is to control the Bird with the st10+ but then problems with landing gear. i have put the gear up before flight, that i have a free view with the cgo. but sometimes after go to team mode the landing gear comes down again, like a reset. so it's rubbish ! and thank you yuneec again for wrong informations that i have bought a new st10+

yuneec gives us just some cheap toys and we can try to get best results of.
in summer i switch back to DJI. software much better, video quality better, transmission better...
i like the idea of hex and landing gear ...but with lousy cam and software it's wasted time and money. (6month and six birds was needed to fix all issues).
and the new 520H in toy orange? really?
cgo-CI with same **** sensor ...maybe
if there is a 1"sensor and we get a software which works for settlngs and the automatic WB works out of the box ...
but i know it's only a dream !

no...the yuneec promised update hasn't come and no more words from yuneec about it. the only thing what's possible is to control the Bird with the st10+ but then problems with landing gear. i have put the gear up before flight, that i have a free view with the cgo. but sometimes after go to team mode the landing gear comes down again, like a reset. so it's rubbish ! and thank you yuneec again for wrong informations that i have bought a new st10+

yuneec gives us just some cheap toys and we can try to get best results of.
in summer i switch back to DJI. software much better, video quality better, transmission better...
i like the idea of hex and landing gear ...but with lousy cam and software it's wasted time and money. (6month and six birds was needed to fix all issues).
and the new 520H in toy orange? really?
if there is a 1"sensor and we get a software which works for settlngs and the automatic WB works out of the box ...
but i know it's only a dream !

Kindly provide something in writing from Yuneec stating that the ST10 could ever be used with a Typhoon H.
Time after time they have stated that the ST10 cannot be used.

This is not a manufacturer bashing forum. Any problems with products should be discussed directly with the manufacturer.

i !

Wow that turned into quite the rant!

Thanks, if I want to do dual operator then I will probably be better off buying a second hand H with ST16 included. Then I have spare parts and could even upgrade one of the CG03+ with the Peau/Pixaero lenses with 50 degree FOV. Sounds like that may be a similar solution to the CGO-CI....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz