Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Vertical black lines in image highlights

I Have not seen that but I have seen some with other line problems. It could be due to your SD card. Does it show that on the monitor when you view it? If so I would have to call Yuneec and ask them about it. I am sending mine back because of camera problems out of the box. Can you give more info like how and when it happens?

This happens with both the card that shipped with the Typhoon and another one I tried, so it is not the card. It does show on the monitor. These were the very first photos and videos I tried. I have other issues with the H so I have only flown it once. I have contacted Yuneec support but no solution yet.

I've actually seen similar patterns in a GoPro Hero3. (They told me to replace the camera). It happened to me on a Green River trip through Desolation Canyon. (noticed your screen name). I would proceed with exchanging it.
I am hoping they will just swap out the whole unit as I am having some other issues as well.
We did the Gate of Lodore section of the Green last year as well as Westwater Canyon on the Colorado.

Reactions: jwjohnson
Where did you buy it? I had other issues with mine too and called Yuneec hey agreed that the best course of action was to send it back to where I bought it as they had 60 day return policy. There seems to be a common problem with the H's with the cameras (or maybe the remote ST16) where they do not take Photos or video when you press the button. And the same or similar problem with lines in the video / photos.

And for the record the last person I saw that had the same problem you have tried about 10 different SD cards and still had the same results. Send it back where you bought it. Make them exchange it. I returned mine yesterday.

Where did you buy it? I had other issues with mine too and called Yuneec hey agreed that the best course of action was to send it back to where I bought it as they had 60 day return policy. There seems to be a common problem with the H's with the cameras (or maybe the remote ST16) where they do not take Photos or video when you press the button. And the same or similar problem with lines in the video / photos.
I purchased it from B&H Photo. I did get an RMA from Yuneec and returned it to them.
The issue with not taking photos when you press the button, is just a matter of timing. If you tap and release quickly, it works fine, but does not work if you hold the button down for a second. I have not heard of anyone else with the lines in the video.

Received the H back from service. The camera still has the issue of vertical lines in the highlights. I have contacted Yuneec CS and they will cross ship a replacement. This camera was very sharp, one of the best I have seen. It looks better than my GoPro 4 black except for the lines. Hope the replacement one is this sharp. Other issues have been fixed. They replaced the ST16 controller.

I must be blind. I dont see it.

Bill W.
Is very very sneaky in the photos. Look at the photo on the right. Blow it up, and look at the sky in the background. It only happens in the very bright, over exposed parts. Anything white, or close to it. It's aggravating, but can be fixed with photoshop.

Is very very sneaky in the photos. Look at the photo on the right. Blow it up, and look at the sky in the background. It only happens in the very bright, over exposed parts. Anything white, or close to it. It's aggravating, but can be fixed with photoshop.
I got it now...that is weird.

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval