Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Editor

Reaction score
What is recommended ? Mine is terrible. If I'm going to buy it, want a great one.
Thanks

What is recommended ? Mine is terrible. If I'm going to buy it, want a great one.
Thanks
If you do a search within the forum data base, you may find you answer there as it has been discussed at great length many times.

To use the search tool, you can locate it above the Grey bar above this post and to the extreme right. It looks like a magnifier icon. Click on it and then enter in the key words you would like to search.

Thanks...was looking for the latest news...like Alabama is national champs !

A lot of unknowns here, you need to be a little more specific. Video editing is a topic maybe as deep or even more so than UAVs; its a little like asking what is the best drone? > For what purpose?

What footage do you want to edit? If for instance, its 1080 for simple youtube videos is what you're after, you need a lot less than 4K requires - both of your computer and of the editor.

On the other hand if you think you want to get a little deeper into video production then the editor is not where you start. Really good video editors require really good, powerful and fast computers. Think of the editor like a trailer and the vehicle that pulls it is the computer - you can buy a 29 foot camper with fold outs but if you've only got a Kia you'll be SOL;)

VEVA.jpg

A lot of unknowns here, you need to be a little more specific. Video editing is a topic maybe as deep or even more so than UAVs; its a little like asking what is the best drone? > For what purpose?

What footage do you want to edit? If for instance, its 1080 for simple youtube videos is what you're after, you need a lot less than 4K requires - both of your computer and of the editor.

On the other hand if you think you want to get a little deeper into video production then the editor is not where you start. Really good video editors require really good, powerful and fast computers. Think of the editor like a trailer and the vehicle that pulls it is the computer - you can buy a 29 foot camper with fold outs but if you've only got a Kia you'll be SOL;)

View attachment 8208
Spot on Ty! And that is the reason for the first use of the search tool. There is more to be learned from reading past posts on the subject here than there is waiting on people to answer a question that may be lacking in information. Also we are trying to keep new threads from just being posts of past issues over and over. When this happens it is clear that the search tool has not been used.

So @klattu I would still use the search tool and see what all you can find first. Then if you still have questions about something that has not been addressed, start a new thread about it and also include adding tags in the tag area at the bottom of the post before it is posted, or make sure to add them after you have posted your new thread.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Thanks....wanted the lastest information.
Selected 'PowerDirector 16'
Power Director is a good choice. A lot of it is personal choice based on what you have for your system, what it can handle, and how complicated you want to get. I like to keep it simple and clean. I use three that deliver great results. Keep in mind, the three I use do not allow you to grade or really adjust. They are mostly for compiling the finished clips.

The ones I use are, Gear 360 ActionDirector (64-bit), GoPro Studio, and Play Memories Home.

Use Power Director 16 and Shotcut, which is free but has a high learning curve. But it is almost as good once you get it figure out.

Use Power Director 16 and Shotcut, which is free but has a high learning curve. But it is almost as good once you get it figure out.
I tried Shotcut but the application kept hanging on my computer, though I must say that the few videos I did get out of it before I gave up on it were quite good.

One of the best editors I've used was Davinci Reslolve but it struggled to run on my laptop...it was just a little too demanding for it to run seamlessly. So, in the end I plumped for Filmora. Not a free program if you want it without an intrusive watermark, but it gives quite respectable results...and it will handle 4K stuff.

Reactions: TomC9000
I also picked up a copy of Power Director 16 Ultimate. I wanted an editor that could take all the different file types that I get from four different types of cameras without any conversion before hand and also one that will work with 4K. I love Premiere Pro but its an older version and doesn't play nice with the new types of compression and large file sizes so for now the PD16 is doing the duty. I like that it makes a proxy of 4K files and allows for really quick editing and the export gives you a lot of control. On the down side Power Director has very limited capability for any kind of title animation and the effects are very basic if you're in to that sort of thing. In fact some of the transitions and effects would be more at home in an early 80's video. But for a straight forward video production and editing it gets the job done.

Reactions: TomC9000
I use WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro which help me edit/convert/download videos quickly. It's full-featured.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430