Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video of test of CCC and camera

RBC

Reaction score
Now that I'm used to the flying characteristics of my H I am starting to test my ability using CCC to take aerial video. This is the first of two videos I shot this morning. My use of the camera tilt and panning is a little to quick in some areas but it shows how smooth the video is letting CCC control the flight path of the H.

Reactions: yuneec53
Now that I'm used to the flying characteristics of my H I am starting to test my ability using CCC to take aerial video. This is the first of two videos I shot this morning. My use of the camera tilt and panning is a little to quick in some areas but it shows how smooth the video is letting CCC control the flight path of the H.

I tried to check your video out, but it says Private video. something must have gone wrong with the upload.

Forgive the ignorance......CCC?
Curved Cable Cam (CCC) enables the pilot to program a course made up of a number of waypoints. Each waypoint along the course can have a pre-set altitude. You can save the course file with a unique name and run it on the ST16. The H will follow the programmed course.

Reactions: GunnyE9
Let me ask about this CCC thing. Say a guy, me for instance, on my ATV, sets up a CC Course, and then I set the bird flying ... would I be able to ride my ATV down the middle of this course & have the camera pointed at me ??

Same with the POI mode ?? Could a guy set the POI mode up, start riding, & have the bird follow & video you ??

OR, are those two modes require the pilot to be stationary ??

Yes, I know about the Follow Me & Watch Me ... just wondering about employing some of the other modes. The CCC mode is most intriguing for videoing a portion of a ride.

Thanks for any knowledge on the subject.

Let me ask about this CCC thing. Say a guy, me for instance, on my ATV, sets up a CC Course, and then I set the bird flying ... would I be able to ride my ATV down the middle of this course & have the camera pointed at me ??

Same with the POI mode ?? Could a guy set the POI mode up, start riding, & have the bird follow & video you ??

OR, are those two modes require the pilot to be stationary ??

Yes, I know about the Follow Me & Watch Me ... just wondering about employing some of the other modes. The CCC mode is most intriguing for videoing a portion of a ride.

Thanks for any knowledge on the subject.

For what you are describing, you would be better off using Follow Me mode. If you read the manual it will tell you more about each mode.

I warning for all: I recently performed a CCC on my H and had about 5 or 6 waypoints. I was practicing in a huge empty parking lot and decided to save it (even though it wasnt anything interesting or visually pleasing). I went back to this same location a couple days ago and parked in the same spot and stood in the very same spot as well. When i started that saved CCC path it followed the path but went WAY too low. I still have no idea how the camera did not hit the pavement. Was within an inch i know it. Scared the crap out of me and i ended up stopping the flight and packed it up... i was shaking. So just be careful out there with the saved CCC's. I never had any issues with the ones i made at the time of flying.

For what you are describing, you would be better off using Follow Me mode. If you read the manual it will tell you more about each mode.
I agree with RBC here. Plus, CCC has a top speed of about 11-12mph. Nothing fast enough for an ATV in my opinion. At least Watch/Follow Me mode can go up to 40+ mph. Just gotta be careful as to the path you're on. Happy flying gents!

Reactions: GunnyE9
I warning for all: I recently performed a CCC on my H and had about 5 or 6 waypoints. I was practicing in a huge empty parking lot and decided to save it (even though it wasnt anything interesting or visually pleasing). I went back to this same location a couple days ago and parked in the same spot and stood in the very same spot as well. When i started that saved CCC path it followed the path but went WAY too low. I still have no idea how the camera did not hit the pavement. Was within an inch i know it. Scared the crap out of me and i ended up stopping the flight and packed it up... i was shaking. So just be careful out there with the saved CCC's. I never had any issues with the ones i made at the time of flying.
JoKa, what altitude did you first set for you waypoints? If the barometric pressure changes, that will change the preset altitude the H is flying at. When flying small planes, pilots must set the current barometric pressure on their altimeter. Otherwise, it will not read accurately when they are flying. So it is possible the reason for the there was enough difference in the air pressure that accounted for the difference in altitude between the two times you flew the CCC programed course. You would not notice this if you were 30 or 40 ft above the ground and maybe lost 5 or 6 ft in altitude but if one of the waypoints was say 10 ft above the ground, and it was flying at 4 ft above the ground it would be very noticeable.

Reactions: yuneec53
The difference in altitude due to a .005 psi change of barometric pressure would result in a 10 ft difference in indicated altitude. Changes in barometric pressure is influenced by changes in the weather (i.e., temperature, humidity, etc. ).

Reactions: Forrestt
The difference in altitude due to a .005 psi change of barometric pressure would result in a 10 ft difference in indicated altitude. Changes in barometric pressure is influenced by changes in the weather (i.e., temperature, humidity, etc. ).
Wow, had no idea. Some great info here and appreciate you taking the time to inform me! Definitely could have been the cause. And yes, was about 10 ft. above ground level during initial CCC setup so all points to this probably being the reason. Thank you RBC!

If you'll notice while the ST16 is initializing, the Altitude resets once or twice. I normally let the craft acclimate to the outside temperature for several minutes, then reboot the H once more to stabilize the AGL zero. This was a habit carried over from AC. Repeat the process if using the same CCC routine to see if it holds altitude correctly. I find the H holds altitude well during horizontal flight.

Ccc isn't for 10 ft agl unless you are flying right now. It is for 40, 50 ft agl. Fly safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval