Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video software ?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some free video editing software that doesn't watermark , can anyone help.

Thanks - Paul.

Hard to advise without knowing your system's capabilities or how in depth of a program you want...

Davinci Resolve is free, a very robust editor with a lot of options particularly in color grading... but it also needs a certain level of computer processing to run and render efficiently. As well it's got a lot in there, so the steep learning curve is a caveat to consider.

Reactions: paulyoung666
Hi, I only have a basic laptop , core i3 iirc with 8gb ram and windows 10

You can check the requirements for Divinci, but I do not think that hardware will be sufficient. Now that you have posted your laptop specs, maybe some others can chime in on editor suggestions.

Hi, I only have a basic laptop , core i3 iirc with 8gb ram and windows 10
That might have trouble with 4K editing , while not free I use Vegas movie maker 15 , running a quadcore and at 3.0 ghz 8 gig of ram and a 2 gig video card with 6 cores .

Hi Paul.
Your laptop won't run DaVinci. Not properly anyway. DaVinci is a very resources hungry editor and will only render out smooth video on the most powerful of computers. I tried it on an i5 laptop which had a NVIDIA Cuda graphics card and it had 8gig memory, and it struggled to render 1080 video smoothly. Absolutely no chance with 4K stuff. DaVinci runs an awful lot better on this computer I have now (4K graphics card, 4.2 MHz processor and 16gig memory) but even on this machine I can still see some judder withe 4K renders! IMHO I think you would have some difficulty finding a half decent free editor that will run on an i3, but you could try a prog called ShotCut (do a google for it). At one time I tried it and it ran well on my laptop.

If you are prepared to pay for an editor a good reasonably cheap one that is fairly simple to learn and would probably work on your laptop is one called 'Filmora' (do a google). I use Filmora. Not the best editor out there...there are better ones...but good enough to justify the cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis