Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

" Warning to Newbs and Crossing Over Pilots"

Reaction score
This needs to be 'EMPHASIZED" strongly, especially to newb's who are recommended to start out on the H in "Smart Mode" to get assimilated . Make sure before you take off or land in Smart Mode, that you step back and "ARE" at least 26 feet away from the craft. If not it WILL try to reach the 26' point and in doing so crash into any object in it's path !. Also while landing, the SAME THING ! Land it 26' from you and the controller, or it may not land and idle motors as it is trying to maintain 26 ' from your position ! And tip over or fly off !
I call this the " The 26 foot Smart Mode circle of DEATH" ! And it is not funny ! It has happened numerous time! And why Yuneec has even installed this is ludicrous, as it is more dangerous to you and you aircraft !

Last edited:
I am sure you meant emphasized, small difference in characters large difference in meaning :)

Reactions: DroneClone
I think this maybe part of my issue. I was a decent distance but could not say j was 26 ft for sure. When these winds die off a little I will try again.

Wouldn't it be best to start in angle then when far enough out switch to safe if your not familiar with flying one, that way the birds orientation is always in sink with controller?
Just can't to forget to switch back to angle when returning home...

Really need to learn to fly in angle mode as soon as possible...

Reactions: Old Jar Head
I read Simon's post but I appreciate your pointing it out again. Good information for many of us.

There sure is a whole lot of toggling and switching back and forth to keep this bird airborne! I wonder if Yuneec's flight simulator is worth the small nominal cost for practice for those of us who haven't spent any time aloft?

Nice recovery there and yes I would empathize with pilots that stand within the safe circle while starting up.

Reactions: DroneClone
I strongly recommend getting a Syma x5 and logging as many hours as you can on it. After that flying this thing in pilot/angle mode will be a piece of cake. I have the simulator and enjoy using it with my st10+ ground station for my q5004k. It is like a video game. It allows you to play with all the modes and go wild. With the Q500 it is amazing how realistic it is. I wish they had obstacles you could maneuver around but I guess that would promote reckless flying. It just has a wide open field.

I know the first time I took off with my Q500 4K in smart mode I was really disappointed, thinking this thing is SLUGGISH, compared to my TBS DIscovery Pro. But it got better after putting it in rabbit mode and angle, but still no comparison to the power.
I think I am going to like the H a lot.

I know the first time I took off with my Q500 4K in smart mode I was really disappointed, thinking this thing is SLUGGISH, compared to my TBS DIscovery Pro. But it got better after putting it in rabbit mode and angle, but still no comparison to the power.
I think I am going to like the H a lot.
The videos have been very exciting. One of these days I will win the Pre-order-waiting lottery and get a tracking number and date of delivery. 30 mph and 1 mile video range will be exciting for those of us coming from the Q500 series.

Wouldn't it be best to start in angle then when far enough out switch to safe if your not familiar with flying one, that way the birds orientation is always in sink with controller?
Just can't to forget to switch back to angle when returning home...

Really need to learn to fly in angle mode as soon as possible...
That's your choice, but it sure is a lot of switching, for something not needed in my thoughts !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech