Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Way over-exposed pictures

Reaction score
Whenever I take pictures on my H, they are super over-exposed. Even when I lower the EV on the ST16 before taking any pics, I still have to additionally lower the exposure as much as -2.0 in post processing to make the picture look normal.

I have reset the camera a few times but that didn't seem to do much. Is there a different setting I should be looking at to help fix this?

Whenever I take pictures on my H, they are super over-exposed. Even when I lower the EV on the ST16 before taking any pics, I still have to additionally lower the exposure as much as -2.0 in post processing to make the picture look normal.

I have reset the camera a few times but that didn't seem to do much. Is there a different setting I should be looking at to help fix this?
What is the firmware level of your CGO3+?
Is this a recent change in the photo performance of the camera?
Are videos affected in the same manner?
Check the contacts between the camera and drone for oxidation or a depressed spring contact. The camera may not be receiving commands properly.

Reactions: 7cyclops
What is the firmware level of your CGO3+?
Is this a recent change in the photo performance of the camera?
Are videos affected in the same manner?
Check the contacts between the camera and drone for oxidation or a depressed spring contact. The camera may not be receiving commands properly.

How do I check the firmware of the CGO3?
I'd say images started becoming significantly more over exposed in this past year (I mostly only use my H from late spring-early fall)
Videos don't seem to be as bad, maybe a little over exposed but not to the extent that the pictures are. I think the videos are a matter of what camera settings I choose, not a camera issue.
I'll take a look at the connection between the drone & camera and see if anything looks off

Lowering the ISO and raising the shutter speed is probably what I should try, correct?
Yes. That will reduce the exposure.

How do I check the firmware of the CGO3?
After the H and the ST16 are connected, go to the settings menu and select About controller. You should see the firmware display like the pic below:

Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png

Reactions: 7cyclops
After the H and the ST16 are connected, go to the settings menu and select About controller. You should see the firmware display like the pic below:

View attachment 26449
Okay I did this and everything (both ST16 and Aircraft settings) are the exact same as what you have in your screenshot, the only thing different was that my gimbal said v1.27 which I doubt is relevant.

So maybe I'll just have to spend more time messing with ISO and Shutter Speed settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval