Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Way to go Yuneec!

Reaction score
I just received my camera back Friday (almost 4 weeks)
It was a long wait, but I am so happy I went ahead and sent it in to be refocused.

The difference is phenomenal!
I always loved the color tone before, but everything was a little fuzzy.
Now it is crisp and clear. I still may end up upgrading the lens with an aftermarket model, but I am very happy with the fixed lens on this one.

After seeing it, if anyone is not happy with the quality of their footage then it is probably a focus issue.
With this good of quality, I don't see how anyone can complain. It is just as good as any DJI footage I have seen.

I agree, I was lucky enough to have mine in focus from day 1, and I've been astounded by the smoothness of the gimbal, and the detail of the 4K video. I think the camera gets slated because of focus issues mainly, Yuneec dropped the ball on that with many units it seems. Bitrate has also improved since original firmware, yet people still quote specs from initial release tests people have done as a way of putting down the Typhoon.

Glad you got it sorted out. It is sad that some were shipped with lens focused too close for aerial work. The H got a bad reputation with folks blaming the camera or sensor. I am very happy with mine after refocusing. At least Yuneec does have good service.

I'm glad that you are happy with your camera now fortunately or should I say unfortunately there's too many who have out of focus camera's

I may be mistaken, but it seems that the ones that are having the most problems are those of us that received the first few off of the assembly line.
I am hearing less and less complaints from newer owners.

Reactions: zandoli
I agree, I was lucky enough to have mine in focus from day 1, and I've been astounded by the smoothness of the gimbal, and the detail of the 4K video. I think the camera gets slated because of focus issues mainly, Yuneec dropped the ball on that with many units it seems. Bitrate has also improved since original firmware, yet people still quote specs from initial release tests people have done as a way of putting down the Typhoon.

I own or have use of 3 EU H machines made in May,June,July and they all have correctly focused lenses incorporated in screw thread mounts. I do feel sorry for anyone with a Mr Magoo specially unfocused lens.
Thanks to Mickeyboo and Richard Gilmore YT videos I have just fitted a 4.1 GIT2 lens - just waiting for fine day to test.

I'm also one of the owners that has a good CGO3. By the way I love your Mr. Magoo analogy. But it does seem that someone on that assembly line was about half blind.

I'm also one of the owners that has a good CGO3. By the way I love your Mr. Magoo analogy. But it does seem that someone on that assembly line was about half blind.
I expect that the early lenses were being focused on a close up target with the assumption that depth of field would cover things in the distance. No one was actually flying them to check. GoPro made the same mistake with their Hero 3+ model and had to replace or repair lots of them.

I just received my camera back Friday (almost 4 weeks)
It was a long wait, but I am so happy I went ahead and sent it in to be refocused.

The difference is phenomenal!
I always loved the color tone before, but everything was a little fuzzy.
Now it is crisp and clear. I still may end up upgrading the lens with an aftermarket model, but I am very happy with the fixed lens on this one.

After seeing it, if anyone is not happy with the quality of their footage then it is probably a focus issue.
With this good of quality, I don't see how anyone can complain. It is just as good as any DJI footage I have seen.
after reading your post, I contacted Yuneec last night to see if I can send my Typhoon H camera to get it refocused. They replied via email and called me today to give me instructions on how to send it to them. They told me they just need the camera, and it could take 7 to 10 days after they received it before they start working on my camera - depending on the work queue. They also sent me a shipping label via email and I just shipped it to them this afternoon.

I felt my images and videos from the Typhoon H was kind of soft and out of focus. I've been wanting to refocus the camera myself for awhile now, but after reading your post, I think I'll let them do it for me. I'll post an update once I have the camera back.

This is my ONLY experience with their customer service. I thought the service was excellent.

after reading your post, I contacted Yuneec last night to see if I can send my Typhoon H camera to get it refocused. They replied via email and called me today to give me instructions on how to send it to them. They told me they just need the camera, and it could take 7 to 10 days after they received it before they start working on my camera - depending on the work queue. They also sent me a shipping label via email and I just shipped it to them this afternoon.

I felt my images and videos from the Typhoon H was kind of soft and out of focus. I've been wanting to refocus the camera myself for awhile now, but after reading your post, I think I'll let them do it for me. I'll post an update once I have the camera back.

This is my ONLY experience with their customer service. I thought the service was excellent.
Great!
Yes, they told me that mine took longer due to a lengthy repair queue.
Hopefully yours will be sooner. However, the results were worth the wait.
I am definitely staying on the Yuneec wagon and don't plan on departing any time soon.

Actually I was the originator of the Mr Magoo saying when I said that he must be the head of optical development at Yuneec

Actually I was the originator of the Mr Magoo saying when I said that he must be the head of optical development at Yuneec
Perhaps they were using your hyperfocal calculations.
In case everyone was not aware, DerStig insists that you can focus the camera at 9 inches and everything will be in focus to infinity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval