Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wedding filmed with H520

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Well we all know now that the H520 is never going to be a cinematic aircraft.
Because of the quietness of the 520 I had a client insist on me using the aircraft instead of my Phantom 4 Pro. They just didn’t want the noise that the p4p produces.
They employed me for one specific shot which was going to be just above the bride as she walked down the aisle, hence why it needed to be quiet.
I wasn’t keen on using the 520 but what the **** I thought, nothing to lose.

I have to be honest the outcome was surprisingly good even with highish winds and sun popping in and out like a yo-yo.

Here’s the end result.

Very nice job and excellent editing. Well put together and I'm sure the client is pleased.

I've noted this several times over the years and I'm sure it is nothing you aren't aware of. But in my experience, no one is more critical of the equipment (cameras in this case) than the photographer/videographer. But I would argue that in 80% or more of the clients out there, they think it looks incredible. It is the framing and post work that impresses them more than the camera. Even early GoPros in the hands of a professional wowed the clients and made them more than happy with what they paid for. A critical eye of a pro will pick apart horizons, fisheyes, lens aberrations and artifacts that is perfectly acceptable to the majority of clients when the corrects shots, framing and final edits are done right as in your video above.

I know we all know of great examples, but I would present this as one. NOT my work. But when watched, it is the emotion felt, music and editing that made the video so great; regardless of coming from a GoPro. Video is about 3 years old now and shot from a Solo.

Very nice job and excellent editing. Well put together and I'm sure the client is pleased.

I've noted this several times over the years and I'm sure it is nothing you aren't aware of. But in my experience, no one is more critical of the equipment (cameras in this case) than the photographer/videographer. But I would argue that in 80% or more of the clients out there, they think it looks incredible. It is the framing and post work that impresses them more than the camera. Even early GoPros in the hands of a professional wowed the clients and made them more than happy with what they paid for. A critical eye of a pro will pick apart horizons, fisheyes, lens aberrations and artifacts that is perfectly acceptable to the majority of clients when the corrects shots, framing and final edits are done right as in your video above.

I know we all know of great examples, but I would present this as one. NOT my work. But when watched, it is the emotion felt, music and editing that made the video so great; regardless of coming from a GoPro. Video is about 3 years old now and shot from a Solo.

Excellent video 10-8, a beautiful story.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my video.

Yes you are correct the camera part is relatively the easy bit. It’s the editing that takes so long and where the heart and soul goes into it.
I can spot every single mistake in my video but the clients never spotted one and the grooms mother when she watched the proof edit cried.
As did many others apparently.

So all were happy in the end but by god some serious hours went into that edit. The sun being the main issue having the camera set up with correct settings and then boom sun goes in or out.
Learnt a few colour grading tricks that’s for sure.

Well we all know now that the H520 is never going to be a cinematic aircraft.
Because of the quietness of the 520 I had a client insist on me using the aircraft instead of my Phantom 4 Pro. They just didn’t want the noise that the p4p produces.
They employed me for one specific shot which was going to be just above the bride as she walked down the aisle, hence why it needed to be quiet.
I wasn’t keen on using the 520 but what the **** I thought, nothing to lose.

I have to be honest the outcome was surprisingly good even with highish winds and sun popping in and out like a yo-yo.

Here’s the end result.

I think it looks really good on you, I like it. But what a great truth 10-8 has spoken. Without a doubt we ourselves are the most critical and we are never happy with our work. This is bad and good at the same time because it pushes us to improve and to be better every time.

@Peggy I don't agree with you that the H520 is not going to be a cinematic drone. It can be without any problem, it just needs the features that we are demanding from day one. In that case I would say without a doubt that it would be better than P4P (I sincerely believe so), it has the potential to be.

With a good Expo in the main controls and in those of gimbal control and being able to develop rotary movements without the sharpness that it has today, or a correct POI would already have 99% of the necessary functions, the rest would be desirable but not as important as those two functions.

The H520 in that type of shots you've done, or like 99% of the Solo shots in 10-8's video, are linear, they don't present any problem for the H520, unless you want to make starts or progressive stops that are hard to get due to the lack of Expo controls.

I think you should always touch the color. Ideally, we should be able to program a color profile into the computer and you could select it on the drone. This way we would have the type of color we would always like to have recorded directly on the camera and then make small adjustments just for the production process. I like the color profile of the P4P better than the one that the H520 currently has, but nothing happens, I record in the decompressed profile, fix the light and then postproduction to reach the color i like. And on colors........ everything depends on the taste of each one.

I don't intend to distort this thread with a comparison between two drones, but neither is it a question of underestimating the strengths of the H520, which has them, the problem is still the lack of so serious functionalities that it has, otherwise they would be shaking the P4P and almost any drone that is put in front of it, I still wish it were so and that's why I bought it. Let's see if we can say it all at once :rolleyes:

Good job @Peggy :)

Note: Let's never forget that good music can be 50% or more of a video's success, not everything is the drone or the shots ;)

I think it looks really good on you, I like it. But what a great truth 10-8 has spoken. Without a doubt we ourselves are the most critical and we are never happy with our work. This is bad and good at the same time because it pushes us to improve and to be better every time.

@Peggy I don't agree with you that the H520 is not going to be a cinematic drone. It can be without any problem, it just needs the features that we are demanding from day one. In that case I would say without a doubt that it would be better than P4P (I sincerely believe so), it has the potential to be.

With a good Expo in the main controls and in those of gimbal control and being able to develop rotary movements without the sharpness that it has today, or a correct POI would already have 99% of the necessary functions, the rest would be desirable but not as important as those two functions.

The H520 in that type of shots you've done, or like 99% of the Solo shots in 10-8's video, are linear, they don't present any problem for the H520, unless you want to make starts or progressive stops that are hard to get due to the lack of Expo controls.

I think you should always touch the color. Ideally, we should be able to program a color profile into the computer and you could select it on the drone. This way we would have the type of color we would always like to have recorded directly on the camera and then make small adjustments just for the production process. I like the color profile of the P4P better than the one that the H520 currently has, but nothing happens, I record in the decompressed profile, fix the light and then postproduction to reach the color i like. And on colors........ everything depends on the taste of each one.

I don't intend to distort this thread with a comparison between two drones, but neither is it a question of underestimating the strengths of the H520, which has them, the problem is still the lack of so serious functionalities that it has, otherwise they would be shaking the P4P and almost any drone that is put in front of it, I still wish it were so and that's why I bought it. Let's see if we can say it all at once :rolleyes:

Note: Let's never forget that good music can be 50% or more of a video's success, not everything is the drone or the shots ;)

We may want Arruntus but with the 520 we are never going to get POI or expos or anything else, you know this already....px4 cannot do circles.
I forget the guys name but he’s from France. The mission plan thing he did, what’s happened to him? He’s given up trying I suspect.

The H Plus is the new 520 with all the toys that the 520 should of had so they are hardly even if they could make it work will certainly not now.
The H Plus I suspect will be roaring success

We may want Arruntus but with the 520 we are never going to get POI or expos or anything else, you know this already....px4 cannot do circles.
I forget the guys name but he’s from France. The mission plan thing he did, what’s happened to him? He’s given up trying I suspect.

The H Plus is the new 520 with all the toys that the 520 should of had so they are hardly even if they could make it work will certainly not now.
The H Plus I suspect will be roaring success

I sincerely hope you're wrong ;)

I got, from Twitter I think, a message from Yuneec USA where they give away 2 additional batteries, the new dual charger and a 128 GB SD card with the purchase of an H520. A good attempt to attract buyers would only come if they implemented the missing functions........ And I wonder, to the suffering buyers we've been waiting so long for, aren't they going to give us those extras? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p

I sincerely hope you're wrong ;)

I got, from Twitter I think, a message from Yuneec USA where they give away 2 additional batteries, the new dual charger and a 128 GB SD card with the purchase of an H520. A good attempt to attract buyers would only come if they implemented the missing functions........ And I wonder, to the suffering buyers we've been waiting so long for, aren't they going to give us those extras? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p

Wake up wake up arruntus these dreams must stop hahahahaha

I've noted this several times over the years and I'm sure it is nothing you aren't aware of. But in my experience, no one is more critical of the equipment (cameras in this case) than the photographer/videographer. But I would argue that in 80% or more of the clients out there, they think it looks incredible.]

Slightly older thread but man this one speaks so much truth. I've had stuff that I wouldn't even let get out of my possession that others saw and were like "WOW we love that".

We are definitely super critical of ourselves and others in our industry. I pick apart my own work and any I see like crazy and I hear others say, "I don't see what you're talking about" LOL

100% truth in what you said. Yuneec drones are more than capable, but I felt as though, Yuneec rushed and overlooked at the small little details that makes up a huge difference.

I am eyeing the H520, but holding back. We are putting Yuneec under the microscope and nitpicking, because it has great potentials.

100% truth in what you said. Yuneec drones are more than capable, but I felt as though, Yuneec rushed and overlooked at the small little details that makes up a huge difference.

I am eyeing the H520, but holding back. We are putting Yuneec under the microscope and nitpicking, because it has great potentials.

It would be very helpful if each time an update comes out they tell us in detail what things have been changed, improved or added. On the other hand, we have to discover them and some of us don't even realize it.

I've been reviewing videos recorded 1 year ago and I compare them with the ones I've recorded recently and the improvement is very clear. Has it been improved? Without a doubt. Do it need to improve more? Without a doubt. Does the platform have room for improvement? Without a doubt. It still doesn't have the detection it requires from Yuneec? Without a doubt (understanding that many of the pitfalls is due to the limitation imposed by the development of PX4 firmware or Droncode .....)

Every time I do the prosproduction of a video is exaggerated the failures I see in the final result. People like it a lot but I never end up happy and I try to improve every time I fly again. Sometimes with success and other times with a greater failure than the initial one. It's a matter of practice, experience they call it, isn't it?

I just dropped the hammer on our order for a H520 w/CGOET. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88taixiucom