Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Weird battery time

Reaction score
Decided to do a battery duration check. Launched H and put it in hover at 50 m with occasional movements right and left. Very pleased when with the final battery warning I got to 20 mins duration with the onscreen clock clearly showing 20 mins 12 secs. When I downloaded the files to my editing system it showed a duration of only 11 minutes 25 secs. A further check in UAV toolbox confirmed the timing. I need to repeat this with an actual time elapsed indicator like a stopwatch , But in the meantime has anybody noticed this discrepancy?

Reactions: ogrench
Never paid any attention to on screen clock or time in telemetry. Have always used an 88 cent stop watch to track battery and flight time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never paid any attention to on screen clock or time in telemetry. Have always used an 88 cent stop watch to track battery and flight time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the video time and 3 five minute clips is a safe flight typically and more then enough video to edit for hours. I'm a firm believer in taking rated spec and ignoring it because it's a lie to boost sales. Keeping flights shorter to save battery life is much more economical then pushing times in air and damaging cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I use the video time and 3 five minute clips is a safe flight typically and more then enough video to edit for hours. I'm a firm believer in taking rated spec and ignoring it because it's a lie to boost sales. Keeping flights shorter to save battery life is much more economical then pushing times in air and damaging cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I gather that you get at least 15 minutes duration from one battery then? From my three clips I got 5mins, 5 mins and 1min 25. It is probably a fault of the battery in that case. Even ignoring the spec the only way for the on screen timer to be believed is that it is running faster than even time..

Decided to do a battery duration check. Launched H and put it in hover at 50 m with occasional movements right and left. Very pleased when with the final battery warning I got to 20 mins duration with the onscreen clock clearly showing 20 mins 12 secs. When I downloaded the files to my editing system it showed a duration of only 11 minutes 25 secs. A further check in UAV toolbox confirmed the timing. I need to repeat this with an actual time elapsed indicator like a stopwatch , But in the meantime has anybody noticed this discrepancy?

That is very weird.

I did a similar test a few days ago and the times on the video files I recorded and the telemetry data matched perfectly so that's the timing I would trust.

When you say "onscreen clock" do you mean the regular clock or the recording timer?

Greetings!

That is very weird.

I did a similar test a few days ago and the times on the video files I recorded and the telemetry data matched perfectly so that's the timing I would trust.

When you say "onscreen clock" do you mean the regular clock or the recording timer?

Greetings!
Just watched your video and you are getting in excess of 15 mins of video. Put simply I am not. I must have got something mixed up in the settings somewhere as your video shows. I will try with all my batteries first. The clock is the one that is in centre screen at the top that counts when the video is on. I have no noticed any recording timer on the ST 16 display.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20