Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Western washington area pilots?

I see on a map that there's the Maltby community park just north of you. I live west of the sound so I don't know anything about your area, sorry.

Olympic Peninsula here, howdy and welcome!
Can't really address your local flying concerns, but if you ever want to come to the Peninsula for a day or two of filming, let me know, the opportunities are vast and the scenery breathtaking.
There is a nice County campground open year round just down the road less than a mile, if your into that, and I'd be happy to point you and your camera in all the right directions, from the campground and well beyond. Snow capped mountains and a sea of water in the same shot!

Plug this into Google Earth for the location of the Dungeness Rec Area Campground:
48° 8'18.30"N 123°11'47.76"W

If camping isn't your thing, they have motels in Sequim now!

Can't really address your local flying concerns, but if you ever want to come to the Peninsula for a day or two of filming, let me know, the opportunities are vast and the scenery breathtaking.
There is a nice County campground open year round just down the road less than a mile, if your into that, and I'd be happy to point you and your camera in all the right directions, from the campground and well beyond. Snow capped mountains and a sea of water in the same shot!

Plug this into Google Earth for the location of the Dungeness Rec Area Campground:

Beautiful country where DCH is. Lots of photographic oppertunities around there.

Beautiful country where DCH is. Lots of photographic oppertunities around there.
Hey "Wet", the same offer is extended to you, anytime. You won't be needin' your rain gear here, this is Western Washington's Banana Belt, they don't call it the "Blue Hole" for nothing. You could even pick up the Q500 leftovers while you're here!

Wow, talk about over regulation!!!!!! Do you guys have to get a permit to fart??
Check this site out (if you haven't already) for legal places to fly in Washington, some not far from you actually.

Drone Laws in Washington - Rules & Regulations for Drones

I notice that the state parks site says it's illegal to fly in any parks except where approved, but I couldn't find a list of approved sites!! Go figure.
That regulation was written over 20 years ago....who had a drone 20 years ago???
Talk about neurotic bureaucracy
Good luck with your search
Cheers

Wow, talk about over regulation!!!!!! Do you guys have to get a permit to fart??
Yes, but it's free, the local bureaucracies feed on methane.:p
There are some restrictions here, and Olympic National park, as well as all others band drones entirely. County Parks are lax and the one down the road has no policy, so far they seem to be OK with it. But the attraction of this area isn't the Parks necessarily, it's everywhere else you look around here, and there are few official NFZs.

i will , thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval