Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What do you think

Reaction score
Hey gang
How many thumbs up can I get from you guys and girls.

How many people think or believe the little Tower that you can put on top of your drone to raise the GPS module up a bit truly works?

I had one on my drone did I just recently crashed.
The top shell got cracked so I replaced it but when I replaced it I did not put the tower on this time.
There is no real reason I didn't put the tower on other than the fact I forgot and I didn't want to drill a hole in my new shell.

Can I get your thoughts on the tower please ?
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: davemh
I have had the tower on my H PRO for 6 months now. I also use a homemade brownie tin as a signal enhancer on my st16. OriginalIdea for that came from Captain Drone. I did both mods at the same time. I will not fly without either,as my H acquires 15+ sattelites in a minute or so, same with the transmitter,and I am in no hurry so I let it sit a few minutes anyways.I also take it out and just let it sit,with both drone and st16 on,sometimes for 1/2 hr. Keeps little gps battery up and helps drone I.D. sattelites. Range seems great at around 2000 feet,All I need or want out of this marvellous machine. Keith C.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
On my H480 satellite acquisition is noticeably quicker. And the tower mod still fits in the Yuneec backpack/case as a bonus.

The mod is well worth the cost and time in my opinion.

?

Reactions: Mike Irish
I have had the tower on my H PRO for 6 months now. I also use a homemade brownie tin as a signal enhancer on my st16. OriginalIdea for that came from Captain Drone. I did both mods at the same time. I will not fly without either,as my H acquires 15+ sattelites in a minute or so, same with the transmitter,and I am in no hurry so I let it sit a few minutes anyways.I also take it out and just let it sit,with both drone and st16 on,sometimes for 1/2 hr. Keeps little gps battery up and helps drone I.D. sattelites. Range seems great at around 2000 feet,All I need or want out of this marvellous machine. Keith C.

Well said my drone brother.
I saw the egg carton thing that captain drone did . 3 or so years ago I made one and I did seem to get six to eight hundred feet further in distance. But as I have matured LOL
I realize that this drone is not made for distance it's made for videography or photography and
I think it does very well with that.

Perhaps down the road I'll put my little Tower back on I'm not sure yet. Once I do some more testing I will see if I get GPS errors or any type of errors that may pertain to the GPS.
I have come to realize it sooner later another glitch or crash or something will happen it just seems to be the nature of the Beast. Because you never know what the day is going to bring once you launch that baby up.
Keith K

.... (touch wood)....

he he he said...

heheheheheheh..

tenor.gif

NW.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member