Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Is With the Troll Paranoia ?

Reaction score
I am probably going to get bashed from all sides ! But what is it about "supposed" trolls and even "real" trolls that has everyone up on the seats of their chairs ? I understand they are like a 1" Pile on my behind!, But if you leave the pile on your behind alone , it will finally go away ! Spreading Preparation H all over them just dirties your shorts!
I have flown many platforms and the H is my first Yuneec and I love it!. But I have learned in life that I could care less what someone says about a product I have, either positive or negative. I do my research and my studies and if I like something I either decide to buy it or not buy it ! And nothing a troll, my ex-wife, my friends say are going to change my thoughts on whether it is a good product or not. "Only I" can and will make that decision ! And no external blasting or belittling is going to sway me from one side of the fence to the other!
What I am saying is: A lot of innocent people get blasted on their first posts as a troll on every forum I have ever been on! not because they are a troll, but because they are a newbie or unfamiliar with a product and even never been on a forum before and know how they flow! And then we jump down their throats before we even know who or what they are about !.
Give them the benefit of the doubt, If they are a troll, ignore them and like a bad Pile they will go away. Trolls feed off of attention, and given none, they disappear! If they decide to hang around more, ignore and report them to the Moderator ! And let him eliminate them.
All I am saying is some newbies are getting labeled as trolls and that is not right until proven guilty as a troll !
I hate trolls as much as you all, but to let them change who you are, or what attitude or mode of feeling you have inside yourselves, Is subcoming to their intentions! I know I have let them myself !
Unless you own stock with Yuneec or any products you have, Trolls should be a nothing! and if you ignore them, they will disappear like a fart in the wind !;);)

Last edited:
Here Here! What gets me though are the ones that join just to say they crashed and debate every correction or question you ask back? I understand that they would be upset but **** aren't we here to help?

Reactions: DroneClone
The thing is we have been warned that a certain group using almost English names are coming on web sites just to make up junk about TH. I give everyone a chance just use the right protocol. Even a newbie should use common sense. A lot of these problem could be eliminated if they would just read the manual and watch the videos on this site the sd card and some of the YouTube videos. DC has brought up some good points and guess I should be more tolerant. Fly Safe my friends.

Here Here! What gets me though are the ones that join just to say they crashed and debate every correction or question you ask back? I understand that they would be upset but **** aren't we here to help?
thats because newbies don't want to be told that it was pilot error...they are afraid that it wont get repaired or replaced for nothing.....Its very very important for newbies as well as experienced flyers to read the manual and do a checklist before flying....However yuneec needs to provide a better more complete manual imo....

thats because newbies don't want to be told that it was pilot error...they are afraid that it wont get repaired or replaced for nothing.....Its very very important for newbies as well as experienced flyers to read the manual and do a checklist before flying....However yuneec needs to provide a better more complete manual imo....
100% Agree Ray !

I have 4 drones have crashed every one and not a one had a problem with the manufacture or a problem with the drone, it was all me and was all part of learning. There's almost always a reason for crashing people just don't take blame for themselves. Its kind of like every body needs a first please trophy.

Reactions: Ed M and DroneClone
Go away troll I have all day to trade words with you and upset others on the forum!

Oops forgot the smiley face...:p

Sorry, that was a lame attempt at a joke

Very well stated DC, Yes as in anything manufactured there is and will be at times some manufacturing problems, with that said I think over the years to many people find it so much easier to blame others and jump the gun and not blaming themselves. Remember we now live in the " I am entitled world, it's all about me " LOL It comes down to doing your own personal research and making your own decisions based on your research. Sometimes we make the best choices and other times we do not. there is an old saying " all that glitter is not gold" do not believe everything you see, read or hear about. I currently fly the Q5004k and love it, there was a problem with the transmitter not charging when I first got it. Yuneec took care of the issue very fast. I had an issue with photos not capturing, guess what it was my error for not having enough space on the scan disc and no I did not call and complain to Yuneec or go online and bash them I remembered reading here where someone else had the same issue. Human error can be a pain LOL. lighten up folks

We've also been warned by the moderator to not go jumping on folks and claim they are trolls just because we have some suspicions about them but be welcoming and friendly. If you have some doubts about their legitimacy, why not just ignore the post?

Okay, other comments here about saying mistakes happen because folks don't read the manual are partially correct, but the manual sucks! Heck, the manual doesn't even formally exist!!! Go find it for me at Support and report back. Yes, back a million days ago (slight exaggeration) D.C. had downloaded it and posted a copy her on the forum before Yuneec removed the manual for some updates (supposedly, per Yuneec support). How many people have got the H but not a copy of the manual? Further, the manual says nothing about not landing with obstacle avoidance on and that's not in the quick start guide, just in the warning card. The "circle of death" certainly is not covered, no warnings about what may happen if you try to take off if you are slightly less than 26' from the H. I took off a few times with my YTH #1 within 26' in Smart mode and had no problems (that was not the cause of the demise of YTH #1, it simply decided to attack my pickup for some reason when in Angle mode).

Show me where in the manual it even says to do a compass calibration. In Lee's unboxing video she shows how simple it is to "enjoy your Typhoon H" with no mention of a compass calibration even though she has another video showing how to perform one. D.C. has strong wrists from performing frequent compass calibrations, I think, but Yuneec support has told me this is not necessary.

D.C. suspected my one erratic landing with my YTH #2 was maybe due to the fact I had my cell phone on me and said "it's a well known fact" that pilots should not have any electronics on them when flying. Where is this in the manual? I spoke with Tim at Yuneec and he said that was not necessary but suggested that my phone wifi be turned off as it could cause some interference.

In my opinion, some of the best advice has come from pilot input here, not the manual. It would be nice to have a Top Tips Guide as s sticky in this forum. Some things like:
1. Be smart and don't use Smart mode when taking off or landing, only when using Follow Me mode, etc.
2. Check and make sure Obstacle Avoidance is turned off before landing
3. Calibrate your compass before first flight and maybe when traveling significant distance from home
4. Low battery warning will come on between 14.3V-14.6v but you might want to land before then but, at least, be prepared to be in a decent landing area when you get below 15v.
5. Landing gear does not auto-deploy except in RTH, look at your drone when landing and think about what you're doing.
6. If your ST16 rattles, you have a loose fan, pull off rubber grips to remove screws and fix
7. If you decide to put a SD card into your ST16, turn the ST16 upside down before doing so since you're less likely to lose your card into the controller
8. Enjoy your Typhoon H! :p

Last edited:
As long as we can all have questions, suggestions, fixes, recommendations, do's and don't s to help one another in a positive way then we all will benefit.

Harvey said it well and I do agree. "In my opinion, some of the best advice has come from pilot input here, not the manual."

I have learned more from this and other forums than I have from Yuneecs web site and little manuals. With all of us flying these and trying new things solving problems when they occur, creating our own fixes and add on s and passing them along is what it is all about

Reactions: GRH and John S
We've also been warned by the moderator to not go jumping on folks and claim they are trolls just because we have some suspicions about them but be welcoming and friendly. If you have some doubts about their legitimacy, why not just ignore the post?

Okay, other comments here about saying mistakes happen because folks don't read the manual are partially correct, but the manual sucks! Heck, the manual doesn't even formally exist!!! Go find it for me at Support and report back. Yes, back a million days ago (slight exaggeration) D.C. had downloaded it and posted a copy her on the forum before Yuneec removed the manual for some updates (supposedly, per Yuneec support). How many people have got the H but not a copy of the manual? Further, the manual says nothing about not landing with obstacle avoidance on and that's not in the quick start guide, just in the warning card. The "circle of death" certainly is not covered, no warnings about what may happen if you try to take off if you are slightly less than 26' from the H. I took off a few times with my YTH #1 within 26' in Smart mode and had no problems (that was not the cause of the demise of YTH #1, it simply decided to attack my pickup for some reason when in Angle mode).

Show me where in the manual it even says to do a compass calibration. In Lee's unboxing video she shows how simple it is to "enjoy your Typhoon H" with no mention of a compass calibration even though she has another video showing how to perform one. D.C. has strong wrists from performing frequent compass calibrations, I think, but Yuneec support has told me this is not necessary.

D.C. suspected my one erratic landing with my YTH #2 was maybe due to the fact I had my cell phone on me and said "it's a well known fact" that pilots should not have any electronics on them when flying. Where is this in the manual? I spoke with Tim at Yuneec and he said that was not necessary but suggested that my phone wifi be turned off as it could cause some interference.

In my opinion, some of the best advice has come from pilot input here, not the manual. It would be nice to have a Top Tips Guide as s sticky in this forum. Some things like:
1. Be smart and don't use Smart mode when taking off or landing, only when using Follow Me mode, etc.
2. Check and make sure Obstacle Avoidance is turned off before landing
3. Calibrate your compass before first flight and maybe when traveling significant distance from home
4. Low batter warning will come on between 14.3V-14.6v but you might want to land before then but, at least, be prepared to be in a decent landing area when you get below 15v.
5. Landing gear does not auto-deploy except in RTH, look at your drone when landing and think about what you're doing.
6. If your ST16 rattles, you have a loose fan, pull off rubber grips to remove screws and fix
7. If you decide to put a SD card into your ST16, turn the ST16 upside down before doing so since you're less likely to lose your card into the controller
8. Enjoy your Typhoon H! :p
Well stated my friend ! Except DC's wrists are weak, not strong, as I have calibrated my H twice, Once after unboxing before first flight, and once after first firmware update! I have yet to travel beyond 100 miles with it as of yet, or my wrists would be strong ! LOL !

Reactions: John S and HarveyC
I must have stronger wrist as I always take a few minutes to calibrate at every location more than approx 5 miles from home base. I may be doing over kill but its habit now and only takes a couple of minutes.

I decided some time ago to purchase the H , but like any new product I personally like it to be out in the market for several months so it will be a few more months then I will get one.

DC: I never thought about the compass calibration again after the firmware update. Should we do that or were you doing it in an abundance of caution? I thought the firmware was for the camera gimbel and not much to do with the H per se. I know it sure could not hurt anything; just never thought of it.

How many trolls could a real troll troll if a real troll could troll trolls.

Sorry could not resist. i:)i

Reactions: John S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval