Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Is With the Troll Paranoia ?

Thank you Moderator, I did not know a** was such a family negative word, Good Golly Miss Molly !!!, Like we have 6 year old forum members on hear !
There is a no cursing rule on all the sister forums too. There are young kids on here too and the owners would like it kept clean. There is a penalty for using cute words but as you can see, I don't use it, I just remove the offending words. No big deal, just keeping it clean. ;)

There is a no cursing rule on all the sister forums too. There are young kids on here too and the owners would like it kept clean. There is a penalty for using cute words but as you can see, I don't use it, I just remove the offending words. No big deal, just keeping it clean. ;)
Yes Sir!;) I changed to "behind" LOL !

I started a forum back in 2008. Before long the trolls showed up. They were a royal pain in the ***! Soon, the trolls were driving all my core viewers away. By 2010 the trolls had gotten so bad I went ahead and shut down the site. It just wasn't worth the hassle to keep fighting them.

Don't confuse criticism of a product with being a troll. You can say all the negative things you want as long as you're civil about it. For example, if someone goes out and crashes their drone on the first flight, comes in here and says Yuneec sucks, that's not a troll, that's an idiot.

Also, don't confuse being a troll with unfair trade practices. An unfair trade practice consists of using various deceptive, fraudulent or unethical methods to obtain business. Unfair trade practices include misrepresentation, false advertising, tied selling and other acts that are declared unlawful by statute. It can also be referred to as deceptive trade practices. So if a sales rep from DJI comes in here and falsely claims he's a Yuneec customer, that's fraud. If he spreads lies and misinformation about a competitor's product to boost his own sales, that's not a troll, that's a criminal.

The only way to really fight trolls is to ban them. And remember....it's not paranoia if they really are trying to get you...

I started a forum back in 2008. Before long the trolls showed up. They were a royal pain in the ***! Soon, the trolls were driving all my core viewers away. By 2010 the trolls had gotten so bad I went ahead and shut down the site. It just wasn't worth the hassle to keep fighting them.

Don't confuse criticism of a product with being a troll. You can say all the negative things you want as long as you're civil about it. For example, if someone goes out and crashes their drone on the first flight, comes in here and says Yuneec sucks, that's not a troll, that's an idiot.

Also, don't confuse being a troll with unfair trade practices. An unfair trade practice consists of using various deceptive, fraudulent or unethical methods to obtain business. Unfair trade practices include misrepresentation, false advertising, tied selling and other acts that are declared unlawful by statute. It can also be referred to as deceptive trade practices. So if a sales rep from DJI comes in here and falsely claims he's a Yuneec customer, that's fraud. If he spreads lies and misinformation about a competitor's product to boost his own sales, that's not a troll, that's a criminal.

The only way to really fight trolls is to ban them. And remember....it's not paranoia if they really are trying to get you...
But who is the average "Joe" to tell ? That's what Moderators are for, not you or I or "Joe's" to judge and bash upon my friend !;)

I have 4 drones have crashed every one and not a one had a problem with the manufacture or a problem with the drone, it was all me and was all part of learning. There's almost always a reason for crashing people just don't take blame for themselves. Its kind of like every body needs a first please trophy.

Not in my case Sir. Telemetry from all 6 Q500 crashes and video proves it was all equipment failure. Yuneec admitted all 6 times they sent me a new machine which I no longer care to own. Now after them having it in repair facility for 6 of the 7 months since I bought it they tell me it is out of warranty even tho it was not pilot error. I have had it for 3 weeks in my possession. A total of 10 minutes worth of video. So don't assume all crashes are pilot error. I've been flying the real thing since 1978 and I know pilot error when it happens.

I have 4 drones have crashed every one and not a one had a problem with the manufacture or a problem with the drone, it was all me and was all part of learning. There's almost always a reason for crashing people just don't take blame for themselves. Its kind of like every body needs a first please trophy.
With my two older Phantoms (I have two of them) I've had 3 major crashes that forced expensive major repairs and a couple of minor events that only required new blades. In all of these crashes except one it was my fault. The one crash where I don't believe was my fault was with a Phantom 2 Vision Plus on (I think) it's fourth flight where it shot off into a tree and required a new shell.

So yes, I agree that in most cases the cause of a crash can be traced in some way to pilot error in some way, but there does remain exceptions. The technology is not perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech