Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

when flying in rual area goes self induced bad

Reaction score
today i flew in a very rual area where on back roads that very few go on with miles and miles of flat wide open land. well it was bound to happen flew 3 full battery charges went great and then on the fourth battery had to press my luck with gps and lost could not get it back online and had a pilot induced flyaway I under estimated the wind from the north heading south had to ditch the craft in a empty farm field got very lucky. lost only the camera. props no chips , cracks or breaks. all arms no damage at all. only one arm motor area caked mildly in mud, intel rs senor had mud in the front got that cleaned out and it still functions ordered replacement front sonar unit just in case could not get the mud completely out the left side of the sensor .

So you turned off the GPS and could not get the H back or did you lose the GPS signal?

I turned off gps then the h started drifting a bit more than I expected and then tried to turn gps back on via the st 16 and that failed the gps would not come back online. had some movement control of the unit but not enough to bring the unit back to my location.so I forced landed it in the bare open field. luckly with the h still on I was able to tracked it down with the controller. my fault for causing the situation that led to the force landing

Reactions: Rayray
I turned off gps then the h started drifting a bit more than I expected and then tried to turn gps back on via the st 16 and that failed the gps would not come back online. had some movement control of the unit but not enough to bring the unit back to my location.so I forced landed it in the bare open field. luckly with the h still on I was able to tracked it down with the controller. my fault for causing the situation that led to the force landing

Sorry to hear that - but on the other hand it's good to see a pilot that can 'own' their mistakes and learn from them. Well done also for recovering enough to force land. Plenty of people 'freeze' and watch their drone disappear over the horizon.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Quick thinking saved the day! Most people who have disabled the GPS keep the bird fairly close so they don't lose orientation. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder