Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in windy conditions

Reaction score
I just returned from a test flight in winds from 17 mph to 30 mph. I went to a nice big open area and tested my Q500 4K in those conditions and was really impressed by how stable it was in the wind.

Sure, it rocked back and forth a bit, but pretty much held its own against a strong cross wind. I decided to test the Home feature and it returned very close to the original take off location. However, when it landed, it had to fight being turned on its side...The wind lost and the Q500 won and landed with both feet on the ground.

I wouldn't advise doing this on a regular basis and certainly not in an area where you could easily lose control or possibly a flyaway...Nonetheless, I am impressed by the performance!

Sounds like good advice...Now if I only knew how fast it could fly...:D

From what i remember about the last firmware update

• -Go Home Improved: Incase of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
  • -Improved GPS performance
  • -Improved Typhoon performance in wind
  • -Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
  • -Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
  • -Improved landing characteristics
  • -Wizard connectivity

As a rule of thumb, I never fly a quad in winds faster than the bird can fly.
But that's just me.
:)
I laughed when i read this, i have to agree with the common sense approach. Good luck trying to fly A bird against 40mph winds when the bird only flies 30mph. someone people don't think about that.

From what i remember about the last firmware update

• -Go Home Improved: Incase of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
  • -Improved GPS performance
  • -Improved Typhoon performance in wind
  • -Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
  • -Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
  • -Improved landing characteristics
  • -Wizard connectivity
Anyone know the latest Build Number for the ST10+? Mine is ST10+ "v01b31c"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member