Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which ST16s controller to buy for Typhoon H Plus Team Mode

Reaction score
I am new to Yuneec and the Typhoon line of aircraft. I am trying to find another ST16s to use for team mode, but there seems to be so many variations of the unit, and some sellers are less than straight forward as to which aircraft the spare controller previously controlled. Is there an easy way to identify which ST16s will work with the Typhoon H plus? Thanks in advance.

Only the ST-16S will work with the Plus. You can distinguish the ST-16 from the ST-16S by a few prominent features. I made a video that details these features, here is a screen shot from the video, as you can see - on the top of the controller, the ST-16S has a USB port as well as the HDMI out port. Also note the top edge of the back of the controller.

ST-16s.jpg

In addition, the battery of the ST-16S is a module while the ST-16 battery is a Pac that is under a door and is connected by wires - this will be hard to distinguish from just pictures however.

Another aspect is that the ST-16S has no external bolts around the perimeter of the joysticks while the ST-16 has four bolts around each joystick.

JoySticks.jpg

Only the ST-16S will work with the Plus. You can distinguish the ST-16 from the ST-16S by a few prominent features. I made a video that details these features, here is a screen shot from the video, as you can see - on the top of the controller, the ST-16S has a USB port as well as the HDMI out port. Also note the top edge of the back of the controller.

View attachment 26935

In addition, the battery of the ST-16S is a module while the ST-16 battery is a Pac that is under a door and is connected by wires - this will be hard to distinguish from just pictures however.

Another aspect is that the ST-16S has no external bolts around the perimeter of the joysticks while the ST-16 has four bolts around each joystick.

View attachment 26937

Thank you very much. So the ST16S that works for the H520 will also work for the Typhoon H Plus, assuming the appropriate firmware and applications are loaded?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace