Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

White Haze on Stills

Reaction score
I have approx. 100 avg 10 minute flights on my h and will say I'm semi experienced with it now. No major issues latest firmware, no flyaways or crashes. Now that I'm decent with flying I'm trying to increase my Stills Skills however I'm never satisfied with my pics unless I use photoshop to increase my colors.
I have read all the threads on lense focus and camera settings however I'm just not fluent enough with the settings to increase the quality yet. I always seem to get a white haze on my piics that gets thicker as the distance increases.
Can anyone look at my pic and tell if I need a lense adjustment or a setting change. I'm trying to shoot the shoreline by my house from usually 250-399 ft.

I can comprehend any recommendations however I'm still learning camera settings.

Thanks

It wont upload my pic. I will have to try later, 4 month old is pulling me away,... ahhhhhhh

I have a similar problem. I sometimes have to use a dehaze on them to get better clarity

Bill W.

HI,
Sometimes you just have to throw a little bit of money at it! There is a program called HDR Projects Pro which effectively takes your original picture and turns into a 'high definition' image. It also interacts with Lightroom as a 'plug in'. If you have light room you can use that to effectively create an HD image as well. As you have Photoshop and depending on which version you have (Photoshop CC 2015 works), there is a 'dehaze' facility in that, but you will probably need to go up on your contrast and down on your whites. I am assuming that you are using .dng as against .jpg for your image capture?

HI,
Sometimes you just have to throw a little bit of money at it! There is a program called HDR Projects Pro which effectively takes your original picture and turns into a 'high definition' image. It also interacts with Lightroom as a 'plug in'. If you have light room you can use that to effectively create an HD image as well. As you have Photoshop and depending on which version you have (Photoshop CC 2015 works), there is a 'dehaze' facility in that, but you will probably need to go up on your contrast and down on your whites. I am assuming that you are using .dng as against .jpg for your image capture?
I have lightroom. Ill have to look into that. Lightroom also has an app and its free. It has a dehaze feature in it. I use that a lot

Bill W.

Say Stills Skills 20 times real fast.
You sound like more than semi-pro to me. When you put up the pic, tell us the cam settings.

I use upload a file in bottom right. It goes to 100% then say there is an unexpected error when I upload my pic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval