Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Whoops! There It Went! One H Gone on a Flash!

In the end none of it matters. You love flying like I do. You replaced it and now move on. No guilt. Nothing is forever and in the scheme of things drones can have a short life span. We all should know that going in. Lots of other hobbies are way more expensive anyway.

In the end none of it matters. You love flying like I do. You replaced it and now move on. No guilt. Nothing is forever and in the scheme of things drones can have a short life span. We all should know that going in. Lots of other hobbies are way more expensive anyway.

Ken, is that why there are no recommended maintenance instructions?:)

Reactions: CC Rider
UPDATE:: Packed up my ST16, two batteries, and everything else minus 1 drone and six props to send back to Yuneec last night for my new replacement. After UPS scanned in my shipment I contacted Yuneec and they instantly saw that I had shipped what I had back to them. They told me they were then authorizing their sales department to send me out a whole new set up to match the one that I had. According to them I should have it in 5 to 7 business days. Excellent service in my book. I received a confirmation email from Yuneec later that night confirming that the shipment was being sent and that my case was officially closed.

I also shipped back the Typhoon H Pro I purchased from Amazon just in case Yuneec did not come through as I had hoped. They charged me $17 and some change for shipment because my reason for returning the item was that it was no longer needed. Return shipment would've been free with a more valid reason. But, not a bad price to pay for the convenience of having what you want when you want it.

All in all, my experience with Yuneec was positive, professional, speedy, and fair. I only have good things to say about them and their treatment of this customer.

Sure am looking forward to getting my hands back on it. I miss that two legged, two eyed, six armed thing!

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
UPDATE:: Packed up my ST16, two batteries, and everything else minus 1 drone and six props to send back to Yuneec last night for my new replacement. After UPS scanned in my shipment I contacted Yuneec and they instantly saw that I had shipped what I had back to them. They told me they were then authorizing their sales department to send me out a whole new set up to match the one that I had. According to them I should have it in 5 to 7 business days. Excellent service in my book. I received a confirmation email from Yuneec later that night confirming that the shipment was being sent and that my case was officially closed.

I also shipped back the Typhoon H Pro I purchased from Amazon just in case Yuneec did not come through as I had hoped. They charged me $17 and some change for shipment because my reason for returning the item was that it was no longer needed. Return shipment would've been free with a more valid reason. But, not a bad price to pay for the convenience of having what you want when you want it.

All in all, my experience with Yuneec was positive, professional, speedy, and fair. I only have good things to say about them and their treatment of this customer.

Sure am looking forward to getting my hands back on it. I miss that two legged, two eyed, six armed thing!

Good deal, CC!

By the way, I just posted my current "incident", per my earlier congrats message to you. I decided the time was right considering the chap I was replying to seems to be experiencing the exact same behavior. Click here if you are curious and need something to put you to sleep. :)

Congrats again - looking forward to reading about your first flights with your new baby!

Jeff

Good deal, CC!

By the way, I just posted my current "incident", per my earlier congrats message to you. I decided the time was right considering the chap I was replying to seems to be experiencing the exact same behavior. Click here if you are curious and need something to put you to sleep. :)

Congrats again - looking forward to reading about your first flights with your new baby!

Jeff

Thanks a bunch, Jeff. I appreciate the congratulations. I'll be singing out loud and proud when I'm back in the air with a Typhoon!!

And I am going to check out your link, too. Very curious about what you'll have to say in it. Stay cool! Talk with you again soon.

UPDATE: Yippee!! My replacement Typhoon H Pro w/RealSense was just delivered by UPS! It came with firmware 3.0 already installed, too, so it's hot off of the assembly line and as up to date as possible. I could not be happier!

I think I may still have to update to the latest Autopilot firmware release, gotta check on that, but I have the ST16 charging now, 2 new batteries to charge, and then do my calibrations and such. All of it will be a labor of love for me. It sure feels good having this machine back in my house. The weather on Saturday where I live is supposed to be near 70F (it's a mild but slightly chilly 42F out right now; we're having crazy weather) so I know what I'll be doing that day!

Once again, I have to give a HUGE shout out to Yuneec for taking EXCELLENT care of me. My ill-fated flight happened on 3/9/17. I contacted Yuneec that night and by the next week they resolved the problem after reviewing my flight log data and issued me a new replacement drone, which I now have today. The entire process - from initial contact to delivery of a new Typhoon H - took only exactly 2 weeks. NO ONE could ask for or expect better treatment and customer support than that!

Thanks, again, for all of the support and comments you Forum members gave me, too. All of it is deeply appreciated. Now it's time for me to finally figure out that Hitech dual charger I purchased but haven't used yet. The new Typhoon H Pro obviously came with 2 new batteries to replace the 2 batteries I returned to Yuneec, and I also bought 2 new Yuneec H batteries from Dell Computers, of all places, which was running a sale of $45 off the regular sales price normally running in the $139 or so range now days (they may be available cheaper, but I wouldn't know where). That means a total of 7 batteries that need my attention. I may not be airborne today, but I will be by tomorrow!

Happy flying, folks, and take care. It's smooth sailing, I am sure, from here on out!

UPDATE: Yippee!! My replacement Typhoon H Pro w/RealSense was just delivered by UPS! It came with firmware 3.0 already installed, too, so it's hot off of the assembly line and as up to date as possible. I could not be happier!

Happy flying, folks, and take care. It's smooth sailing, I am sure, from here on out!

Grats, CC!

Cheers!

Reactions: CC Rider

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval