Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wind speed limit

Reaction score
Hello, according to the experienced pilots of this forum, what is the wind speed limit to fly the Typhoon H without too much risk?

I see that other pilots have asked about the wind limit and possible flight. And answered. That's the difficulty, when you don't know the language, it's hard to "integrate" the "threads" and realize that the question has already been asked; sorry. But come on, another... question: what load can our brave Typhoon H lift?

Hello, according to the experienced pilots of this forum, what is the wind speed limit to fly the Typhoon H without too much risk?
The H should handle 12-15 m.p.h. with little or no problem. I have been caught in some 25 m.p.h. and it fought its way back rather easily. Landing was tricky.Depends a lot on where you live. I stay away from flying 10 times more than I fly due to the wind. Seems like it's windy here in Michigan a lot more than say 10 years ago. Ever since I bought my first drone 5 years ago, for sure. Peace KC

I see that other pilots have asked about the wind limit and possible flight. And answered. That's the difficulty, when you don't know the language, it's hard to "integrate" the "threads" and realize that the question has already been asked; sorry. But come on, another... question: what load can our brave Typhoon H lift?
I wouldn't push the limit too far. It is designed to fly as is. Life and performance will be shortened. I wouldn't be afraid to use it to drop some weights and lures off the beach,Lake Mi. up to say 5 ounces or so. I don't think I would try over 8 oz's. Others have done water balloons and stuff. Peace KC

I've flown my H+ in steady winds of 25 mph or so, with gusts to 35 mph. It handled it, but absolutely ate the battery! Got like 8 minutes in that flight.

Fred.
The weather man said Monday evening that Tuesday was going to be sunny and mild with a light breeze. So I charged up three flight batteries for a good morning to fly. Tuesday morning was cold, cloudy and breezy to 35 mph gusts. It bothered me to have 3 batteries charged and no safe way to discharge them except for flying. At around 1 PM the sun poked through the clouds and stirred up the gusts more frequently and stronger. I took my H to the beach to discharge the batteries and had a great time. The thing is a beast in the winds. Some of my videos have the front motors showing at a hover. Panning into the wind also got the raised landing foot pads. It must have been about a twenty degree angle to keep steady. Some gusts of wind blew my sweatshirt hood off my head and pushed the H several feet but recovered quickly. I took it to 200 feet to see what the winds were aloft. Unbelievably steady.
Great machine for wind in my book.
Pete.

I've flown my H+ in steady winds of 25 mph or so, with gusts to 35 mph. It handled it, but absolutely ate the battery! Got like 8 minutes in that flight.
I concur. Having only owned my H a week, its been very windy here as the spring warmer weather pushes in. My last few flights have been around 8 min as well before the voltage got to a point i decided to land... the H would hold its position very well in the gusts but ya, it eats the battery big time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my